PDA

View Full Version : E-petition...???

mum2two
19-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Is it worth creating one regarding deregulation???

There's enough of on here to give it a good start, and encourage parents, families, friends etc to sign it too?

Try to really get our point across before there's any serious decisions???

xx

Smiley
19-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I think that could be an idea, I actually wondered last week if this would happen but not sure how to go about it

Monkey26
19-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I would definitely sign it and so would many of my childminding friends, kids parents and personal friends also! Sarah707...?!? ;) xx

Cammie Doodle
19-05-2012, 07:13 PM
What a good idea, would not know where to start but I would sign it for sure :thumbsup:

karens knippers
19-05-2012, 07:17 PM
great idea..i would sign.I also had sarah pop into my head lol.She shouldn't be soooooooooooooooooooooo good lol.My eyes are closed and wishing:littleangel:

miffy
19-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I'd sign it :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

uf353432
19-05-2012, 08:22 PM
https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/new?title=childminders+deregulation

just need to agree the wording and then anyone can copy and paste and submit it.

Monkey26
19-05-2012, 08:24 PM
https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/new?title=childminders+deregulation

just need to agree the wording and then anyone can copy and paste and submit it.

Get cracking then UF ;) haha xx

mum2two
19-05-2012, 08:26 PM
That's what I looked at. It's easy to create one, but think it needs to be agreed before 'going live'

Penny or Sarah want to create it - as they are great with wording! ;)

xx

loocyloo
20-05-2012, 08:15 AM
i'll sign it

but useless at words!

Penny1959
20-05-2012, 04:30 PM
That's what I looked at. It's easy to create one, but think it needs to be agreed before 'going live'

Penny or Sarah want to create it - as they are great with wording! ;)

xx

I would be happy to do - but think if Sarah was willing to do it between us - would be better worded than just me doing it.

Sarah - you up for it?

Penny :)

mum2two
20-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Let's show this government childminders are not to be messed with!! :p

xx

Penny1959
20-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Looking into it

Can't see any 'open' e petitions on same issue

Checked the rejected ones - some are pretty silly - but there was one calling for Sir Michael to removed as head Ofsted - shame that one did not get accepted!

Will give some thought to the wording but just what do we want our e petion to be about - deregulation or the agency route?

If both - we might need to to word that we want to remain registered with individual inspections?

Just thinking out loud - some thoughts please - then I will have a go at the wording - however I know others of you are good with words - so please give some input.

Smiley
20-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I've also had a look and currently there isn't a petition about deregulation.
Okay Penny thinking off the top of my head!

Deregulation of childminders

It is of great concern that the deregulation of childminders is being considered, as a strategy to save money. Childminders are a huge part of the childcare workforce and along with all other early years settings are currently registered and inspected by Ofsted.

Childminders must also follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and as we are self employed working from our home based settings we pride ourselves in the care and education we provide for children in our care. We manage our own business and because we are regulated parents are able to access childcare tax credits and use childcare vouchers.*
Blah blah blah

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 06:28 AM
I've also had a look and currently there isn't a petition about deregulation.
Okay Penny thinking off the top of my head!

Deregulation of childminders

It is of great concern that the deregulation of childminders is being considered, as a strategy to save money. Childminders are a huge part of the childcare workforce and along with all other early years settings are currently registered and inspected by Ofsted.

Childminders must also follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and as we are self employed working from our home based settings we pride ourselves in the care and education we provide for children in our care. We manage our own business and because we are regulated parents are able to access childcare tax credits and use childcare vouchers.*
Blah blah blah

Thanks Smiley :clapping:

watgem
21-05-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd signxxx

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 08:24 AM
First draft - views please
Will be starting a new thread so that it is clear that I want views and want them quickly as I want to submit by lunch time.

We urge the Government to undertake full and current research into all aspects of registered childminding and to consult with experts in the field, national representative organisations and most importantly those who are practising registered childminders, before deciding on the future regulation and inspection requirements of childminders.
We understand the Government’s desire to cut childcare costs for parents and need to reduce Government budgets, however as registered childminders are an integral part of the childcare market providing professional, home based childcare that meets the needs of parents, providing more flexible hours, the ability for siblings to all ages to be cared for together, care from birth to teenage years ensuring continuity of care, and lower ratios that centre based care.
Registered childminders follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and all other legal requirements the same as other Early Years settings to ensure the children in our care receive high quality care and education, which is regulated and inspected.
Over many years there has been continued progress made to ensure all children have opportunity to experience high quality care and education, and to be safeguarded from harm through childcare that is regulated, inspected.
Therefore before reaching any decision which will impact on parent’s choice of regulated childcare, children’s equality of opportunities and childminders businesses is made, the government must ensure that this is a step forward with positive benefits to all but especially for the children because opportunities to reach their full potential, once missed are hard if not impossible to recreate and failure to safeguard a child can never be reversed.

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:31 AM
sounds good Penny