PDA

View Full Version : getting in touch with a non paying parent. HELP!!

littleones123
18-05-2012, 09:24 PM
hi, this is a long story but i will keep it as short as possible.

i was minding a 9yo a few month ago was supposed to be two weeks out of four per month, after the first week the parent has never kept to her contract kept saying her shifts had changed i was very fair and didn't really mind, then the child decided she didnt like the children i was already minding and was not coming very regular at all, i tried to compromise and parent and child were supposed to have a think over the easter holidays as to what they were going to do. i received no contact from the parent i had to contact her with many attempts eventually she told me by text message her daughter would not be back so i said i would finalise her bill, i got no reply.
i left it a while then tried to contact her by phone call to mobile, home number and text i have now sent her a letter but still had no reply. she owes me one week i did not include any late payment fees or our 4 week notice fee i have been very fair and patient. the only other number i have for her is her work would it be ok if i tried to catch her at work? i really dont want to have to take it any further but it's looking that way.:angry:

any advice will be much appreciated.
thankyou

miffy
18-05-2012, 09:33 PM
TBH it sounds like she has no intention of paying you. You could try phoning her at work but she is unlikely to speak to you and even if she does it doesn't mean she will pay what she owes.

You could phone your insurers and see what they advice they give you or you could chalk it up to experience and let it go.

Miffy xx

Kiddleywinks
19-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I would also contact tax credits and inform them of the last day you cared for the child, my guess is she's still receiving TC's for childcare

ajs
19-05-2012, 08:07 AM
I would also contact tax credits and inform them of the last day you cared for the child, my guess is she's still receiving TC's for childcare

What I was thinking, yet another parent after our reg number to claim tc