PDA

View Full Version : Run out of steam since Ofsted have been!

donnagwynne
04-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Has anyone else felt like this??

I had my first graded Ofsted at the end of April, after being registered for a year. I got an overall good with outstanding for helping children Be Healthy.

Now I seem to have completely lost my motivation. It seems that all of the work I had done up until my inspection, was for the benefit of the inspection (with a little benefit for the minded children).

I had expected to feel a bit of an anti-climax once the inspection was over, but it has been over a month and I still feel flat.

I still have plenty to do, I have just finished the Open University
E123 which I sort of enjoyed and I have just taken on a new lo. And of course I still have the whole EYFS challenge to look forward to.

But I just don't seem to be able to get myself together and I am worried that my lack of motivation is going to be detrimental to the children that I have in my care. Two of these children will be leaving me in the summer as they will go to full time school in september. I am sure that there is plenty I should be doing to help them get ready for this, if only I could summon up some enthusiasm.

Any suggestions anyone??

cloud9
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Has anyone else felt like this??

I had my first graded Ofsted at the end of April, after being registered for a year. I got an overall good with outstanding for helping children Be Healthy.

Now I seem to have completely lost my motivation. It seems that all of the work I had done up until my inspection, was for the benefit of the inspection (with a little benefit for the minded children).

I had expected to feel a bit of an anti-climax once the inspection was over, but it has been over a month and I still feel flat.

I still have plenty to do, I have just finished the Open University
E123 which I sort of enjoyed and I have just taken on a new lo. And of course I still have the whole EYFS challenge to look forward to.

But I just don't seem to be able to get myself together and I am worried that my lack of motivation is going to be detrimental to the children that I have in my care. Two of these children will be leaving me in the summer as they will go to full time school in september. I am sure that there is plenty I should be doing to help them get ready for this, if only I could summon up some enthusiasm.

Any suggestions anyone??

No suggestions but i thought id just say you are not alone in feeling like this. I have been registered for 2 years now and have had the same mindee since the beginning. I love him like one of my own but he will start f/t school at the little age of 4 next year and i am already dreading what it will be like without him. Although on the other hand i have another little lovely baby who i adore and i hope he will be with me for years.

I am sure things will look up when you have some new mindees that im sure u will bond with just as well

Jinx
04-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I have to admit I do feel the same some of the time.

My inspection was at the end of March and I have found it hard to get motivated when it comes to paperwork since. :o

I keep telling myself that Ofsted could come back at anytime! I have to keep on top of things or I could loose my grade! :eek:

I know that with me, alot of my problem is that I let other things get me down and then I blame the childminding for my mood. Get myself into a bit of a vicious circle. :o

I hope you feel better with it soon.

Take care
Jinx x

crazybones
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I have been the opposite. I had run out of steam before Xmas and nearly gave up. I lose all my mindees between July and September and have been a busy bee since my inspection in March. I have made a website, given myself a name for my business, had stationery printed and I am even wearing T-shirts now with my advertising on them. I have booked onto lots of courses (about 6) and advertised like mad. Between tomorrow and Monday I have 4 sets of parents booked to come and see me and 2 others emailing me for info. I feel like I am starting all over come September as most of my mindees are now 11 and have been with me since they were 4 or 5. I am actually starting to enjoy myself again. :laughing:

sarah707
04-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I try to think that Ofsted could walk through the door at any time of any day...

That's how I keep myself motivated and doing things with the children.

It's not easy sometimes - I find it much easier in the nice weather when I can do gardening and outside play with them. :D

Trouble
04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
i feel the same

now my screaming baby has gone i feel better, i think having hardly any holidays doesnt help either you need them to recharge and get your thinking mode back:thumbsup:

give it another month and youll be fine

breezy
04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I try to think that Ofsted could walk through the door at any time of any day...

That's how I keep myself motivated and doing things with the children.

It's not easy sometimes - I find it much easier in the nice weather when I can do gardening and outside play with them. :D

totally agree with sarah, think we'll all be a bit more motivated when we can get outside more with kids, i find myself with cabin fever a lot at the moment and going out is more aggro when you have to find somewhere indoors to go! Roll on summer if we ever get one!!!!!!!!:)

theoldwoman
04-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Do Ofsted ever just pop back, I just felt relief when mine was over that I could go back to being normal! May I ask what happens to all the observations and bits of paper that are going to be produced from September, and if the children go to pre school and are done there do we still have to do it all. I just want to play. Also what do others do when the children they have had since they were babies (and are quite attached to) go to School but want to come before and after, but you still have more lo s in the day that haven't gone home.

FizzysFriends
05-06-2008, 05:37 AM
May be you could give yourself a target to achieve, may be just something simple and fun but it will maybe motivate you as you will have an aim and a deadline?