PDA

View Full Version : Application of creams

ho1975
18-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi there.. I am Just wanting to hear other childminders views on applying creams... I have completed a set up today and mindees parent has asked that I apply plain flower on her child's bum when changing nappy as this is an old wives tale and they swear by it.... I have never heard of this and although we are to respect parents wishes an beliefs is this really acceptable for me to do.... I really do have my doubts on this...

What would you do in this same situation...

Helen x

Tealady
18-05-2012, 09:58 PM
No different to applying a barrier cream IMHO. I'm assumimg it's an alternative to talc that has fallen from favour these days. Just do what you would normally do if a parent asked you to apply a barrier or nappy rash cream.

karens knippers
18-05-2012, 10:05 PM
as long as you gey parents to sign permission form as they would for creams

Bridey
19-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to take the nappy off and find a cupcake!

sweets
19-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to take the nappy off and find a cupcake!

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1: Think you would have needed to use SR flour for that! lol

Im sorry but i think someone wanting to use flour bizzare! i can imagine it mixed with a bit of wee it would end up as a right sticky mess.

I dont think barrier creams are at all neccessary, ive only ever used cream on bottoms if they have been a bit sore! with modern nappies it rarely happens if they are changed often enough.

sandy64
19-05-2012, 05:09 PM
ive never heard of flour lol:) but if thats parents wishes and its signed dated why not im presuming there supplying flour. think id sing pat a cake whilst changing bum:laughing: