PDA

View Full Version : Medicine???

fionamadcat
18-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi,
I have a nearly 2 yr old mindee who is on a course of penicillin for a throat infection however she is not happy to take it, the past 2 days I've managed to get her to drink it in milk although not finish it and she wasn't happy about it. Today she had maybe half of the milk this morning and refused the rest, thought I put it in a smoothie but she has just pushed that away too. Mum and dad are having problems too they have tried a medicine syringe and pinning her down but she spits most of it out. Any other ideas?

stargazer1
18-05-2012, 12:12 PM
When my LO refuses it, we mix it into a Petit Filous size yog, not too much to get down them then and it seems to work x

AliceK
18-05-2012, 12:15 PM
when I had a LO like this I put it in a cup of juice but I only made a small amount of juice in the cup so that I knew the child would drink it quickly. This is a child who isn't usually allowed juice, only water, so the juice was a treat for her. Obviously you need to make sure no other child can accidently drink out of the cup.

xxxx

loocyloo
18-05-2012, 12:48 PM
i once had a nanny charge who was DREADFUL at taking medicine ... we bought some VERY SPECIAL sprinkles from the shop and put a few on the top of the medicine on the spoon !!! mum used to then let child dip the empty spoon in some sprinkles to eat after! :rolleyes:

miffy
18-05-2012, 03:44 PM
When my LO refuses it, we mix it into a Petit Filous size yog, not too much to get down them then and it seems to work x

I've done this too

Miffy xx

It's a small world
18-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Ive done this too x