PDA

View Full Version : What double buggy to buy?

child_friendly
18-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I have had an enquiry for 2 girls aged 1 and 2 and i have a 1 year old myslef. Am signing the contracts next week and starting looking after them in 2 weeks time so really need to find a double buggy as soon as possible. I don't know what im looking for or what is best to buy, also i will need a buggy board- which to buy of that? I am totally new to this...:blush: I am going for a bargain so am looking on ebay etc. Any help on what type of double buggy to buy would be great. Am looking to use it to walk to the shops, go to the park, go for walks, so generally an all rounder but small enough to fit in places and a buggy board needs to fit it.

boxtree7
18-05-2012, 11:31 AM
City Jogger - expensive but well worth the money - if you check out ebay you might get a good one second hand. x

JCrakers
18-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Double nipper with lascal board gets my vote

Only bad thing about it is you have to take a wheel off to get it in front door but they are quick release
Everything else is good

loocyloo
18-05-2012, 11:41 AM
i have an urban detour twin ( mother own brand 3 wheeler but i don't know if they do them any more ) with a buggy board maxi on the back. its great, but quite wide!

the maclaren double strollers are small enough to navigate through most shop doors and its easy to fit a buggy board to the back. also, the buggy board goes to one side, leaving you the other side to push, rather than having to push at an angle.

have fun x

LittleLegsCM
18-05-2012, 12:20 PM
City Jogger - expensive but well worth the money - if you check out ebay you might get a good one second hand. x

I second the baby jogger!! I've had mine 2 days but already completely in love it beats all my others hands down!!
I saved up and bought mine brand new as the prices they were going for second hand on eBay was silly! I saw an old version (in only 'vguc') go for £336+delivery, I've got the new 2012 model (out this month) and paid £319 total!!

Well worth it!!

LittleLegsCM
18-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Also, the weight allowance per child is 30kg on the jogger, most other doubles is only 15kg which kids seem to hit pretty quickly these days so it will last you a lot longer x

AliceK
18-05-2012, 12:34 PM
I have the single jogger and the fold on it is great, as is the hood. I love those aspects of it. However I don't like the harness clips and mine were recalled due to them not closing securely. Admittedly I haven't got the double though.
The best double I have ever had (and I've had a lot!!) is the Nipper 360 which can be used with a buggy board too.

xxxx

sharonmanc
18-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I have the Maclaren triump ( got on offer at boots a month back) it fits thought standard doors, and is pretty light, have just managed to put a buggy board on the back as have an 8 month and 9 month old and my daughter almost 3, it is compact too, I have a single maclaren techno xt, which is much bulkier as is the double.

The Juggler
18-05-2012, 12:54 PM
i'd say if you have a garage and a big hall way get one of the joggers or similar with the big wheels they are dream to push.

If, like me, you are gargeless and have an old victorian house with narrow halls - don't :panic: I have T3 and my walls are bashed to bits where we have to carry the T3 through the house - those big wheeled buggies are huge when folded.

I just bought a side by side silvercross pop duo for £190 (reduced from £260) in mothercare - lovely and light, folds small comes with headhugger and cosytoes. :thumbsup: you can put a lascal maxi on it or mothercare's own buggy board, both around £50 new.:)

Two Princesses
18-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I've got a maclaren twin too and a rather heavy DD (2 years old) and I must say I find it hard to get up and down curbs. This maybe just me but I'm starting to look at different ones but need to save some pennies first. The handles don't seem very sturdy so I don't feel I can put much weight on them to tip the buggy backwards to get up curbs. Also when my DD is in one side and my 10 month old mindee is on the other side it's soooo unbalanced! :)
I have the single Techno XT too and really like that. I've had it 5 years and it's just starting to die so am looking for a replacement :D

The Juggler
18-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I've got a maclaren twin too and a rather heavy DD (2 years old) and I must say I find it hard to get up and down curbs. This maybe just me but I'm starting to look at different ones but need to save some pennies first. The handles don't seem very sturdy so I don't feel I can put much weight on them to tip the buggy backwards to get up curbs. Also when my DD is in one side and my 10 month old mindee is on the other side it's soooo unbalanced! :)
I have the single Techno XT too and really like that. I've had it 5 years and it's just starting to die so am looking for a replacement :D

we have some really hight kerbs here too. Instead of pushing down with the handles (you'll hurt your wrists to) push on the bottom (inwards) with your foot as you tip the handle - makes it much easier :thumbsup:

child_friendly
18-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Think I may need a tandem (even tho don't really like them coz one seat is in front of the other) as where i live has narrow pavements unless there is slim double buggy which also fits a buggy board?

miffy
18-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Nipper 360 fan here too :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Monkey26
18-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Britax B-dual fan here and have even managed to attach a buggy board to it :D xx

desiderata
18-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I have the city baby jogger elite and I love it. I am going to purchase the new single when it comes out xx

chez
18-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Will be watching this thread closely as Im looking for a double, Im hightly considering the Baby Jogger City Select as I love the fact i can have both children face me, and no ones traveling in the shopping basket tho I do have to take it on the bus does anyone have this one and how wil it work on the bus??

blue bear
18-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I have a phil and teds with buggy pod, another minder had phil and teds with buggy board. Love my phil and teds so much

onceinabluemoon
18-05-2012, 06:49 PM
City select is huge and very heavy to push with toddlers in it. I've never had one myself but a friend has one and use doesn't like it now the twins are bigger.

I have a mountain buggy DUET, they haven't been out long, are side by sides but are the same width as single ATPs (25inches) same width as a phil and ted sport... Not a huge fold compared with most ATPs, not really a lot bigger than the maclaren twin triumph umbrella (which is harder to push)

I also have a B Dual, an icandy pear, and have had on the past a nipper 360, phil and teds sport and vibe, maclaren buggies, mountain buggy double urban so if you want to know about any of those give me a shout :)

Also, the weight allowance per child is 30kg on the jogger, most other doubles is only 15kg which kids seem to hit pretty quickly these days so it will last you a lot longer x Just checked this out and unless I have the wrong buggy the weight limit is 30kg total (15kg per seat) the same as most of the other stroller (non ATP type)buggies.

More info: http://www.johnlewis.com/231459525/Product.aspx?source=63258&sku=231459525

Velleity
18-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I LOVE my Baby Jogger :D

LittleLegsCM
18-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry I was wrong, it's the single that has a 30kg weight allowance. However, that John Lewis link is also wrong- the total weight limit for the double is 100lb= just over 45kg so roughly 22.5kg per seat x

child_friendly
19-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know if a nipper 360 double can fit any buggy board i.e. litaf seat 2 go etc? Av found this buggy really cheap.

child_friendly
19-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Also is it easy to replace the straps on the nipper 360 double?

carebear25
19-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Britax B-dual fan here and have even managed to attach a buggy board to it :D xx

how have you managed that as i have the b dual an as of next week have 2x15mth olds an a 2yr old

Monkey26
19-05-2012, 08:15 PM
how have you managed that as i have the b dual an as of next week have 2x15mth olds an a 2yr old

It is attached to the frame of the bottom seat :thumbsup: very sturdy, doesn't move and child on the board can put their head between the pushchair hood and handle bar :) x

carebear25
19-05-2012, 08:19 PM
may try it we have to do nursery run 2x a day an as much as she loves walking she isnt used to walking that far... do you not end up kicking it

Monkey26
19-05-2012, 08:27 PM
may try it we have to do nursery run 2x a day an as much as she loves walking she isnt used to walking that far... do you not end up kicking it

Occassionally yes especially if I haven't used the board in a while but then I also end up kicking it when on my single maclaren so used to it haha x

carebear25
19-05-2012, 08:36 PM
will try it, she didnt like it last time i tried her on it :)

child_friendly
20-05-2012, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=I also have a B Dual, an icandy pear, and have had on the past a nipper 360, phil and teds sport and vibe, maclaren buggies, mountain buggy double urban so if you want to know about any of those give me a shout :)

[/QUOTE]

I will be minding a 1 and 2 year old and I also have my 1 year old so am looking for getting a double and a buggy board.
I have seen a cheap out 'n' about nipper 360 and wondered if you know what buggy board is gd with it?- am looking at a seat one just incase older child gets tired. I have narrow pavements round where i live so need a narrow buggy. Also do you know if getting the straps replaced on da nipper would be expensive or where to get it done? Any help would be great.

carebear25
20-05-2012, 03:14 PM
will try it, she didnt like it last time i tried her on it :)

it fits on and she stood on it so will try it next week x

Monkey26
20-05-2012, 03:16 PM
it fits on and she stood on it so will try it next week x

Good work! I've got a pic of mine somewhere will try to upload later this evening :) x

jadavi
20-05-2012, 06:55 PM
My Mclarens double (techno) doesnt fit a buggy board (lascal) Hubby says the tubes are the wrong shape...is he wrong?

carebear25
20-05-2012, 08:32 PM
My Mclarens double (techno) doesnt fit a buggy board (lascal) Hubby says the tubes are the wrong shape...is he wrong?

http://www.buggyboard.info/ukfr/page.php?buggy=307&page=maxi