PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?

buzzy bee
18-05-2012, 10:11 AM
I usually prepare all the meals in advance and then heat them up, because I used to find it too hard to cook whilst looking after the children...

Anyway today I realised I hadn't got anything prepared for dinner so I got my 2 mindees (both aged 2) to help me chop veg (under close supevision) and then they watched while I cooked the dinner.

Is this ok and is it ok to tell mums this is what we did? Don't want them thinking I've used their children as slaves, but I figure it was quite a good educational experience for them!!

moggy
18-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Absolutely fine, my 3yo mindee helps make dinner most days. We bake bread and make cakes too for lunch/dinner. It all good for pretty much all areas of learning!

littlecheeks
18-05-2012, 12:28 PM
yeah i thinks its great! my mindees always love to help cook and bake and even lay the table! i think its good for them. i would only worry if you had them with the hoover out! x

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2012, 12:29 PM
you can pre bake and re heat as long as you keep to the environmental safe food hygiene guidelines (I know the title is wrong) :laughing:

The Juggler
18-05-2012, 01:05 PM
no, it's fine. get yourself some pampered chef safety knives hon, great for cutting up soft veggies and don't cut little fingers. All of mine help prepare lunch if they want to.:thumbsup:

buzzy bee
18-05-2012, 01:58 PM
you can pre bake and re heat as long as you keep to the environmental safe food hygiene guidelines (I know the title is wrong) :laughing:

Thanks! I meant more the fact I'd got them slaving away cooking!!

I very rarely prepare dinner and serve straight away - it is usually reheated (within the guidelines) :thumbsup:

sweets
18-05-2012, 02:55 PM
yeah i thinks its great! my mindees always love to help cook and bake and even lay the table! i think its good for them. i would only worry if you had them with the hoover out! x

My lot love getting henry hoover out hoovering!

funemnx
18-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Great opportunity for photo obs! :thumbsup:

miffy
18-05-2012, 03:51 PM
No it's fine, mine love helping to chop up fruit for snacks or veg for lunch

Miffy xx