PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk postcodes

JCrakers
18-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I love this site although never had any work from it but I check it most days:D Does anyone else find the postcode finder just doesn't work. For instance if I put my full postcode in it comes up with a town that is a good 20mins drive away but actually says that its less than a mile away?
Another one says its 4.4miles away from my postcode but I know for a fact the family live just down the road.

Also if I put my town name in it misses a few families out that where there when I put my postcode in..

EmmaReed84
18-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I have to say I haven't had a problem with it personaly

mama2three
18-05-2012, 10:33 AM
yes its the same here. The villages around me show at 5 miles whilst it would take a parent a good 15 mins to drive what the site says is 1.4 miles. The old fis lists were just the same .

Rubybubbles
18-05-2012, 10:35 AM
It's because the distance is taken as the crow fly:)

I love this site too:thumbsup: I go on most days just to bump my name up:laughing:

marnieb
18-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes, I have the same problem - they always use the same explanation, they use some fancy software that is brilliant....... blah, blah blah.

But I live in a highly residential area with 3 schools 5 min walk away, but I never find any parents closer than a 20 min drive away!! I find it improbable that there is no-one closer than that to me.