PDA

View Full Version : How would this work?

melco
17-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi,

I have a little boy starting next week and we have just signed contracts but she mentioned that she may need me to have her other son in the holidays as well. This would not make me go over my numbers but was wondering what would happen as we would not have a contract set up. Is there something I would need to do before I could mind both of them?

Thanks

melco

blue bear
17-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Yes you need a contract and paper work for each child.

miffy
17-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi,

I have a little boy starting next week and we have just signed contracts but she mentioned that she may need me to have her other son in the holidays as well. This would not make me go over my numbers but was wondering what would happen as we would not have a contract set up. Is there something I would need to do before I could mind both of them?

Thanks

melco

Be careful, mum may be expecting you to hold a place for the sibling. This might be OK now if you are not busy but I would make it clear that unless she has a contract for the child you won't be able to guarantee a place for him.

Miffy xx

uf353432
17-05-2012, 10:05 PM
exactly what Miffy said :thumbsup:

melco
18-05-2012, 06:33 AM
I just said it might be ok. I don't want to have anymore than 2 under 5 in one day, so shouldn't have to turn her away. I have also said that for the older boy that I need 48 hours notice if she wants me to have him in the holidays as its just term time and he is starting school in September and this is in my contract. The younger one is starting nursery next week and the mum now wishes she was just sending them both to a childminder as would be easier so fingers crossed she decides to do that then would have contract for him sooner.

melco
18-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I just said it might be ok. I don't want to have anymore than 2 under 5 in one day, so shouldn't have to turn her away. I have also said that for the older boy that I need 48 hours notice if she wants me to have him in the holidays as its just term time and he is starting school in September and this is in my contract. The younger one is starting nursery next week and the mum now wishes she was just sending them both to a childminder as would be easier so fingers crossed she decides to do that then would have contract for him sooner.

JCrakers
18-05-2012, 07:27 AM
I have a similar contract. A 2yr old three days a week and her older brother in the school holidays only.
The contract shows this and she has been really good and given the years dates that she needs care for the older boy.

I'm in a situation were I work full time and then do as hoc in the holidays. Meaning some school hols are really full and others are quieter. I like it this way as I have 7 potential children needing school holiday care and the families all know it's on an 'as and when' agreement.
everyone pays for the school hols if they need them and no one pays a retainer as I have enough children to fill the spaces throughout.

I would just make sure she gives you dates well in advance otherwise you will not be able to guarantee a place.

rickysmiths
18-05-2012, 07:35 AM

So if you have him this summer he will count as an under five so how will this affect your only 2 under five ratio?

You would need a contract for the older child, info forms, permissions.

I have a booking form for the holidays and I require 4 weeks notice with payment when the booking is made. The fee is non returnable if they don't use the time.

melco
18-05-2012, 08:57 AM
My ratio is 3 under 5 buts its my choice to have 2 so as long as its not a regular thing I don't mind.

I have a contract, permission forms etc for the older boy, but his mum has said that I may be needed in the summer holidays if she can not get childcare elsewhere, in my contract I have stated that I will need 48 hours notice if she wanted me. It was afterwards that she mentioned if I could have her 1 yr old as well if she needed it which I said I may be able to. So if she calls me 48 hours before and needs me for both I would need to get her to sign new contract, permission forms etc. But what would I put on the contract with regards to hours etc?

I also have another question as I have just seen her today. She would also like me to help out with babysitting!! Do I need a contract for that and how would you get payment? On the night or add to invoice for the month?

This is all happening at once that I just want to make sure I am doing everything right!!