PDA

View Full Version : had to call the police to one of my parents

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 03:03 PM
:panic::angry: ive had mindee for over 3 years and he starts full time school in Sept. Told parents i could'nt do 12-3 didnt think that would matter due to mindee being at school but i would be there to pick him up (other parents was due to collect from my setting at these times). They began to look for another cm and informed me of this, anyway no cms were available and they asked me to reconsider my hrs i told them i couldnt do what they had asked for. Ive handed in my notice giving them 9 weeks to find someone. Mom started to emotionally blackmail me and told me if i didnt have mindee that she would have to come out of work and therefore she would loose her house:eek: TODAY mom and dad was banging my door down calling me, texting ring my door bell, i had no choice but to call the police as they sat outside my house for 2hrs harrassing me.
Mindee has had chickenpox for 2 weeks so parents said he will be back next week. They also wanted me to have him today but i refused due to the emotional stress over the last 2 days they had caused. what can i do now, i have ended the contract asap and i am willing to pay them 4 weeks money, i only have mindee 3 days 1-6 cause hes at nursery

there is more to this constant phoning me, texting, crying, coming to my house, sending letters,

Pipsqueak
17-05-2012, 03:07 PM
'officially' document all this -
a) your own records
b) send a formal letter to the clients serving immediate notice
c) notify ofsted and file a report with them

don't put up with this crap

well done for calling the police - I can imagine that was not an easy decision to make.

ChocolateChip
17-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Totally agree, keep all the letters and texts, and document everything!
Write down every time they phone, text whatever and keep a log. If they continue call the police again and have them done for harrassment.
Do they really think this kind of behaviour is going to get them what they want?
:group hug:

Just out of interest if he is going to be in school why do they need 12-3?

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 03:52 PM
yes i have kept everything and record and notified Ofsted. They can do me for breach of contract according to MM insurance and send me to court because i havent served my notice

Andrea08
17-05-2012, 03:56 PM
didnt want to read n run as above keep all records and good luck x

Ripeberry
17-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Is it because you'll be over your numbers why you can't do 12 to 3? Just seems very strange for them to be acting like that. What nutters. And you CAN cancel a contract straight away as they have become threatening to you!
You gave them the option for 9 weeks notice and then they turn on you!
So angry on your behalf. Can't stand adults who use emotional blackmail they are so imature :angry:

Pipsqueak
17-05-2012, 04:03 PM
yes i have kept everything and record and notified Ofsted. They can do me for breach of contract according to MM insurance and send me to court because i havent served my notice

Crapola - these clients are harrassing you and threatening you - for me that is grounds to serve immediate notice based on that.

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Is it because you'll be over your numbers why you can't do 12 to 3? Just seems very strange for them to be acting like that. What nutters. And you CAN cancel a contract straight away as they have become threatening to you!
You gave them the option for 9 weeks notice and then they turn on you!
So angry on your behalf. Can't stand adults who use emotional blackmail they are so imature :angry:

no i wasnt over my numbers just at that time parents were collecting from my setting between 12-3 and mindees school finishes at 3.15, in a nut shell they wanted me to be available all day for them. I think the reason they are acting like this is because they couldn't find another cm. I had other cms at mine at the time all this was happening with there mindees and they couldn't believe what was happening.

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 04:11 PM
she had reported me to Ofsted for not picking her son up today even though they gave me the week off i have this in writing.

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Is it because you'll be over your numbers why you can't do 12 to 3? Just seems very strange for them to be acting like that. What nutters. And you CAN cancel a contract straight away as they have become threatening to you!You gave them the option for 9 weeks notice and then they turn on you!

i am with MM insurance and i couldn't find this out on the contract

ChocolateChip
17-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I would say their threatening and unreasonable behaviour is affecting the care of other chidren you look after, not to mention a complete breakdown of your working relationship and therefore is grounds for immediate termination.
The fact that you had to call the police must count for something, will your cm friends write witness statements for you?

ChocolateChip
17-05-2012, 04:21 PM
she had reported me to Ofsted for not picking her son up today even though they gave me the week off i have this in writing.

Then they haven't got a leg to stand on have they!
Doesn't make it any easier for you though, having to go through all this nonsense :mad:

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I would say their threatening and unreasonable behaviour is affecting the care of other chidren you look after, not to mention a complete breakdown of your working relationship and therefore is grounds for immediate termination.
The fact that you had to call the police must count for something, will your cm friends write witness statements for you?

yes they will. I also had to call the other parents to pick there children up because i was so emothional, i wouldnt like another cm to go through what i had to today. When they were banging the door, ringing my bell and mobile little did they know i was on the phone to my DO and she could hear everything.

jelly15
17-05-2012, 04:23 PM
This is awful. Hope it is soon over for you.

Andrea08
17-05-2012, 04:23 PM
what has ofsted had to say? think its best to speak with them and make clear all the facts hun xxx

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 04:30 PM
:panic: I actually cannot believe some people!!! Hope Ofsted will see sense :rolleyes: and hopefully the other minders will support you...

Flippin nerve of them parents... You should call them and say "Well after much consideration, you banging on my door, harrassing me, calling me, bullying me and reporting me I have decided to bend over backwards to help you as you are sooooooo deserving!" Pffft STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID people

TRACEY1969
17-05-2012, 06:09 PM
what has ofsted had to say? think its best to speak with them and make clear all the facts hun xxx

i have contracted ofsted told them i had to contact the police but they didnt say much. They said i might get a call from Quest about the details. I have loged the times and dates and i have witnesses who was hear when it took place. The parent also took photos of my husband and his truck (works for the council) he has cleared this with them so dont know what they are trying to prove by doing this. His van has a tracker and he never comes home till he has finished, but i did ring him for support and he informed his works and they were great cause i mind for some of the staff there.

mrs c
17-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Can't believe anyone would behave in this way, how awful for you - hope this is soon sorted. :group hug:

caz3007
17-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Cant add a lot, but sending you a big hug xxxx Sounds like a right nightmare and hope all is ok.

kareancarr
17-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Im new to chidminding and the site, i hope your ok? cant believe some people, i hope it gets sorted soon x

Ripeberry
17-05-2012, 09:06 PM
i am with MM insurance and i couldn't find this out on the contract
But don't you have a policy saying that threatening behaviour constitutes imedediate termination?

Ripeberry
17-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Hugs for you all tonight. What absolute nutter parents! Why do they think in a million years that you would help them now?? I wouldn't P**s on them if they were on fire for all the stress they have put you through just for a few hours a day.

Bridey
17-05-2012, 10:25 PM
And all this is to persuade you to carry on working for them???? :eek:

wendywu
17-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I wonder what they would have done if you had opened the door. :panic:

Pipsqueak
18-05-2012, 07:42 AM
i have contracted ofsted told them i had to contact the police but they didnt say much. They said i might get a call from Quest about the details. I have loged the times and dates and i have witnesses who was hear when it took place. The parent also took photos of my husband and his truck (works for the council) he has cleared this with them so dont know what they are trying to prove by doing this. His van has a tracker and he never comes home till he has finished, but i did ring him for support and he informed his works and they were great cause i mind for some of the staff there.

By the sounds of it these parents are unhinged and I would be writing them a letter stating that if they come onto your premises or continue their harrassment/threatening behaviour towards your family you will be taking legal advice.

Who on earth do these doolallies think they are.....