PDA

View Full Version : Possible business name

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 12:58 PM
At the moment I am just Emma's Childminding Service

I have been thinking about having a business name and just looking at the pros and cons. I like to think a business name makes it more "professional" but I want a homely feel so unsure if having a business name to look professional is a little contradictory IYSWIM

Also trying to think of a good name... (better at thinking of names for other people) I either want something with Emma, or Reed in it if poss... not a must.

I did think about
Little Lions Childminding Service (tag line... where children have a roaring time)
Reed's RugRats
Gingerbread House (tag line... Full of little sweeties)

Ideas, Pros, Cons...

Thank you in advance x

foxy lady
17-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Rumble reeds childminding ?
rocking reeds childminding ?
Emmas explorers
Emmas imps

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh I really like Emma's Explorers... Had a wave of inspiration and doodled a very quick logo idea...

Emma's on the top line and Explorers on the bottom line with a magnifying glass at an angle, making the handle part of the X and the glass bit going over the S of Emma's... Look's ok need's some work though will have to figure out how to upload pics on here and see what you think lol

Bluebell
17-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I know exactly what you mean! Most of the childminders round here are known by there names and as its the same 8-10 who have been doing it for years and they all have a really excellent reputation! I wanted to 1 - stand out and 2 - sound professional> However I still need to go by name sometimes because on the local gov website they do it under your name and under the local childminder list its a list of names so I don't know id I've made my name stick out less because some know me as bluelion and some know me as my name iyswim (?)
I even have my FB page as my name and followed by 'childminder' just so everyone is clear that is what I do and then I have a page too with my business name.
I like the little lions (obviously) and also the gingerbread house because its 'full of little sweeties' is very cute!!
I can't think of anything that incorporates Emma or Reed - Emma's explorers or Emmas little explorers lends itself quite well!
I am not very good at thinking of names - I only came up with mine because one of my favourite paintings by my son is a blue lion and I used it as my logo - the name came from there. Good luck!
Jules x

foxy lady
17-05-2012, 02:06 PM
when i was choosing my name i was careful not to put of parents with older children. sometimes words like little or names with nursery rhymes could embarrass the older children, Emmas Explorers would suit all age groups and boys or girls.

mama2three
17-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Emmas explorers is good , we are little explorers and it is what we're about. I wanted something that shows we spend a large proportion of our time out and about exploring the environment. x

LittleLegsCM
17-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Explorers is good!

Also, OT, am I right in thinking your in Southend Emma?? I'm in Basildon! Not that far ;)
(and my maiden name is Reed lol) x

onceinabluemoon
17-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I like Emma's explorers x

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Explorers is good!

Also, OT, am I right in thinking your in Southend Emma?? I'm in Basildon! Not that far ;)
(and my maiden name is Reed lol) x

nope not Southend, Stanford-Le-Hope, used to work in T-Mobile in Bas lol... will have to arrange a meet a Wat Tyler when the weather picks up x

Natternic
17-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi,
I love Emma's explorers, great suits everyone in setting.
I'm in rochford too so not that far

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Ok so think I am going to go with Emma's Explorers... I love that so thank you... right anyone think of a catchy tag line?

Bluebell
17-05-2012, 06:52 PM
something about everyday being an adventure or a discovery?

EmmaReed84
17-05-2012, 06:57 PM
something about everyday being an adventure or a discovery?

Hmm like it.... lol :laughing:

Emma's Explorers...
Some about everyday being an adventure or discovery

Sorry couldn't resists lol :D