PDA

View Full Version : Family split: Contact details

fluff1975
17-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I have 2 mindees whose parents have recently separated. For one family it's quite a volatile split and for the other I found out recently that they were never together in the first place!

Both dads have parental responsibility and I have given all parents a document that clearly states what pr is and that absent parents still have it unless its taken away by a court.

I've recently updated all my contact sheets and both mums have completely left the dads off the contact list, including who is permitted to collect the child.

Is this okay, or should they be on the list? Sorry if I sound a bit naive. I am over this!

LittleLegsCM
17-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I would personally ask both mums to complete the forms WITH dads details for your records.

Technically you couldn't stop dad collecting if they wanted to (unless as you say the courts have taken his rights away) but what if there was an emergency and you couldn't get hold of mum, surely they would rather the kids go to their dads as first point of call? I would use that as the reason if they get funny x HTHs x

madmamma
17-05-2012, 12:53 PM
3 parents with PR? Sorry, never come across that but I have led a sheltered life :laughing:

How is that possible for a mother and 2 Dads to have PR or am I missing something?

FussyElmo
17-05-2012, 12:58 PM
3 parents with PR? Sorry, never come across that but I have led a sheltered life :laughing:

How is that possible for a mother and 2 Dads to have PR or am I missing something?

Its two different sets of parents :thumbsup:

And it possible if one was a step father

fluff1975
17-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Hee hee, yes it's two separate families! :)