PDA

View Full Version : Rearranging my lounge for childminding!

*Katrina*
17-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I am currently in the process of rearranging things, bringing in more storage, moving furniture about etc. I don't have a "playroom" so will be using my lounge.
It looks great but what a difference! It will take a bit of getting used to at first. I give it half a day before DD has tipped everything out and put it all back in the wrong places :laughing:
I need to get some cushions or something for my book corner though, it is looking a little bare, I also think I may put a couple of posters up for a splash of colour but I'm not going to put up loads, it is my lounge after all! :p

Tink
17-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Have you got a photograph so we can have a look?

Childminding takes over doesn't it? well worth it though:laughing:

LauraS
17-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I've done the same, and then moved on to making the understairs cupboard (previously the home of shoes, coats, hoover and lots of other random items) a toy cupboard, 'tidying' up the garden by laying a new patio, a massive wet weather deck and raised beds, and redecorating just about everywhere. It's contagious :laughing:

sarah707
17-05-2012, 05:18 PM
The main thing I find children need is plenty of space - they want to build train tracks, sprawl out reading books, make models etc and there never seems to be enough floor space however I organise things :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new space :D

Rubybubbles
17-05-2012, 05:26 PM
we need photos:D

I still need to arrange my work stuff into my new house but have no idea where to start lol!

*Katrina*
17-05-2012, 07:30 PM
OMG...I just stuck a poster up and thought "nah, think i'll move it"...went to take it down and the blue tack has peeled a huge chunk of paint off the wall :panic: ssssshhh don't tell hubby! I have stuck it back up again for now until I can get it sorted.
I will take a few pics in the morning :)

mushpea
17-05-2012, 07:53 PM
we started off with the lounge then we put down block paving all over the back garden for an all weather surface then we put a fence and gate down the end of the garden so the dog has his own area then we built a conservatory and bought two more sheds for toy storage plus got rid of an old shed and replaced it with a greenhouse now we have moved the greenhouse to a different part of the garden andnow there is a toy kitchen and a house for the kids. so yep, have to agree, it is totaly addictive:laughing:

miffy
17-05-2012, 09:44 PM
OMG...I just stuck a poster up and thought "nah, think i'll move it"...went to take it down and the blue tack has peeled a huge chunk of paint off the wall :panic: ssssshhh don't tell hubby! I have stuck it back up again for now until I can get it sorted.
I will take a few pics in the morning :)

That made me smile :)

Looking forward to seeing the pics :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

uf353432
17-05-2012, 10:21 PM
It totally takes over you whole life.

First I built a covered deck 3 m x 6 m at the back of the house, then I built a 6 m x 12m deck, then I built another deck to house a MASSIVE playshed, then I spent soooo much money to sort my outbuilding as permenant storage. Then I upgraded my storage to more natural baskets. It goes on and on and on......

You just have to scratch the itch my friend lol!

rickysmiths
18-05-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't put posters up on my living room walls. it is a home not a nursery!

I put things on the doors so they could be seen at the los level and don't mark the walls.

I am lucky enough to have a playroom no but I still don't put posters on the wall. I have two childrens paintings by an artist call Margaret Tarrent. One is an Animal Hospital in a woodland and it was given to me by my Grandparents when I was 3 (I was 57 in March!). A couple of years ago I found a print by the same artist called School room in a woodland so I have that now as well. They are frames pictures though.

kel1983
18-05-2012, 08:36 AM
We stopped sticking things on the wall when we pulled the pint off the wall once :eek:

We bought a hanging display which has a4 sized pockets in. I have ofsted certificates ect in it and some of the childrens art work in the other pockets

Rubybubbles
18-05-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't put posters up on my living room walls. it is a home not a nursery!
I put things on the doors so they could be seen at the los level and don't mark the walls.

I am lucky enough to have a playroom no but I still don't put posters on the wall. I have two childrens paintings by an artist call Margaret Tarrent. One is an Animal Hospital in a woodland and it was given to me by my Grandparents when I was 3 (I was 57 in March!). A couple of years ago I found a print by the same artist called School room in a woodland so I have that now as well. They are frames pictures though.

for some reason I saw you had repsonded and smiled as I knew your first line would be as above:D

I am the same with regards to not having posters up and all my toys in zipped up storage so you can't see it at end of day, just still need to find where everything can go.

Chimps Childminding
18-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I also use the clear pckets now having peeled the wallpaper off on several occasions, plus I can hide them behind the sofa when I'm not working!!!

I would love a spare corner, but all the corners in my room have funiture in them!! I would love somewhere to put loads of cushions etc. Might try under the dining table :rolleyes: I made curtains to go round it, but the toddlers keep banging their heads coming out because the curtains hide the support that joins the legs!! Might put the 2 sides on and some cushions and see what they think about that!!

jumpinjen
18-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm with ricky on this one - no posters in my lounge!!! I put some up on the cupboard doors along with the children's paintings, but I prefer the natural baskets and the streamlined look!

It does creep on though - my covered area was money well spent (especially for hanging my laundry on a rainy day:D) but I generally resist more and more!

Jen x

Roseolivia
19-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I have posters and mindees pictures etc on the walls but only in the playroom. My dp would go mad if they were all over the house and to tell you the truth i like my home looking like a home and not a nursery (apart from the playroom).

loocyloo
19-05-2012, 09:10 AM
i use my conservatory as a playroom (until Dh has finished converting the garage into playroom ) and i have stuff stuck all over the windows and i love it, and probably would anyway :laughing:

but i don't have any posters up anywhere. once in the playroom, i will just have childrens art work on display.

Bushpig
19-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Sounds great!

I have posters up on the wall in the playroom... and 4 huge display boats with posters on in the lounge... easily put away at the end of the day. Blue tac damages walls... I use magic tape which has never damaged my playroom wall (touch wood).