PDA

View Full Version : Oh No I have caught conjuntivitis from DS

Tazmin68
17-05-2012, 06:51 AM
conjuntivitis is going round ds pre school and he had it very mild and looks like cleared up but I have come down with it this morning. It is a pain I wear contact lenses and hate wearing glasses and gp's no longer prescribe drops anymore just say warm water cotton wool and a couple of weeks to clear up.

sarah707
17-05-2012, 06:52 AM
You can buy chloramphenicol from the chemist - I had to get some in Spain when one of my eyes started and it sorted it in a couple of days.

Feel better soon xx

Bridey
17-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Old wives tale but my friends old mum swears by washing your eye with a damp pad of cotton wool soaked in cold tea (no suger or milk!). Its antiseptic.

Check before doing it, I don't want to make things worse for you.

stargazer1
17-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh poor you. I cant understand why the guidance on infection control sheet states that there is no exclusion period, I always understood conjunctivitis to be quite contagious? Hope you are feeling better soon x

Tealady
17-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I exclude for conjunctivitus. I state that whilst the HPA say there is no need, It's not very nice and very contagious so I therefore exclude. Never had a paerent have a problem with it.

Tazmin68
18-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Been using drops since 10 yesterday. Started to improve this morning. Eyes just a bit red but have to wear glasses instead of contact lenses which I don't like. Doing refresher child protection course tomorrow and cannot go back to contact lenses until Monday. Quiet day today as lo I have today mom has des decided to keep him home and not take risk so only after schoolers

tashaleee
18-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I exclude for conjunctivitus. I state that whilst the HPA say there is no need, It's not very nice and very contagious so I therefore exclude. Never had a paerent have a problem with it.

I exclude as well - all my parents are made fully aware before they sign up and never had an issue with it :thumbsup:

I also wear contact lenses - if they are daily disposables you can still wear them with conjunctivitis :thumbsup:

miffy
19-05-2012, 08:19 PM

I exclude too.

Miffy xx