PDA

View Full Version : streamlining?

tulip0803
16-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Thought the merging of offices was supposed to streamline the CSSIW! My temporary variation for sibling has gone missing as my new inspector is on sick leave in an office 40 miles away from me, her administration assistant is in the office 10 miles from me and her manager is in an office 60 miles away from me! They are having to send another inspector to the unmanned office to locate the paperwork:angry:. For 3 weeks I have been ringing an unmanned office as that was what I was told to do:angry:. Everytime I rang my local office they would try to transfer me to an unmanned office?!:rolleyes: E-mail my off sick inspector?! or tell me to keep trying to ring her! Yesterday I was suddenly transferred to her administratice assistant (or whatever they are called) who is in the local office I have been ringing cos I cant get anywhere with the inspector!:angry::angry::angry: No-one has mentioned him in 3 weeks.

At least he is trying to sort it out - variation requested was supposed to start on Monday just gone! so I had to rearrange and Mum is still hanging on.

sarah707
17-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I feel a complaint pending... :(

Hugs xx

aly
17-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh Good luck

I phoned my inspector yesterday but she out on inspection so waiting on a call back.

it is regarding the change back to the age 4/5 full time ratio....i;ve not heard anything from them direct so in theory i should eb allowed mine as dd si 4 full time and had an enquiry for a holiday cover for 1 week but siblings that me and a friend will share, but that depepnds on if she says i can have that number now.

{I applied for a variance in jan but she rung me to say no because of the new nms and to wait til aug}...but now i wonder if she new it was being changed back so a waste of a variance really.....

sorry waffled.

:blush:

tulip0803
17-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Oh Good luck

I phoned my inspector yesterday but she out on inspection so waiting on a call back.

it is regarding the change back to the age 4/5 full time ratio....i;ve not heard anything from them direct so in theory i should eb allowed mine as dd si 4 full time and had an enquiry for a holiday cover for 1 week but siblings that me and a friend will share, but that depepnds on if she says i can have that number now.
{I applied for a variance in jan but she rung me to say no because of the new nms and to wait til aug}...but now i wonder if she new it was being changed back so a waste of a variance really.....

sorry waffled.

:blush:

In the new new NMS issued March 2012 it has gone back to the old way again!:thumbsup:

Standard 15.9 page 39
"Children aged three to five years who attend full-time education provision may be classed as over five years for the purposes of the ratios relevant to child minders. In line with standard 15.7, at no point must a childminder care for more than six children aged under eight years at any one time."

So provided they have actually started school thenthey can be classed as over 5 again:D. If they are due to start in Sept then they have to wait until Sept to start as an over 5. So looks like you will be fine.:thumbsup:

I am also waiting for a phone call!

aly
17-05-2012, 02:49 PM
In the new new NMS issued March 2012 it has gone back to the old way again!:thumbsup:

Standard 15.9 page 39
"Children aged three to five years who attend full-time education provision may be classed as over five years for the purposes of the ratios relevant to child minders. In line with standard 15.7, at no point must a childminder care for more than six children aged under eight years at any one time."

So provided they have actually started school thenthey can be classed as over 5 again:D. If they are due to start in Sept then they have to wait until Sept to start as an over 5. So looks like you will be fine.:thumbsup:

I am also waiting for a phone call!
yeah thats what i meant :cool:
she is in reception, will be year 1 in sept....btu do i ask her or assume tht i can have the extra one?

manjay
17-05-2012, 03:49 PM
yeah thats what i meant :cool:
she is in reception, will be year 1 in sept....btu do i ask her or assume tht i can have the extra one?

You don't need to ask for something that is set out in the NMS:thumbsup:

manjay
17-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Tulip that is dreadful service!!! and yet again shows the inconsistency across the country. Like Sarah says I would be complaining. They are quick to lay down the law about the way in which we handle complaints!!! I know they have had funding cut and are understaffed BUT that is not your problem and your business shouldn't suffer:(

I have heard little whispers that there are big changes afoot with CSSIW but noboby is spilling the beans just yet:rolleyes:

aly
17-05-2012, 04:06 PM
You don't need to ask for something that is set out in the NMS:thumbsup:
just tried the office and it was engaged non stop for 2 hours...10 to 5 and it was ringing :rolleyes:, but she already set off home.