PDA

View Full Version : Pre-inspection help please (bear with me!)

fluff1975
16-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Aagh, I have mush-brain tonight. I'm trying to get all my paperwork in order before my inspection next week, and tonight it's the turn of policies.

When I look through my policy folder I appeared to have missed a few out! Oops. They are now in and awaiting signatures from parents. However I'm a bit stuck with a couple.

Internet I've been told it's good practice to have an internet policy. The children aren't allowed on the pc at the mo as it's in an upstairs room. This means I can't see what the children are doing there and I can't leave the little ones unattended downstairs. There is only one minded child who potentially would use it and she's never asked to, even when my own children do! Incidentally my own children don't go online alone either.

Mobile Phone I'm not sure exactly what is supposed to be in this. Is it a paragraph about my mobile phone usage, or that of mindees? If its the latter then none of them have one (I should hope not at 1, 2 and 5!).

Camera Parents sign to allow me to take photos, and also that they understand what the photographs may and won't be used for. do I need more than this?

(finally) Social Networking I have a statement rather than a policy that informs parents how I use social networking sites (inc this one) and reassures them about confidentiality, that I won't upload pics etc. Is this okay?

Sorry to bombard you all, and thanks in advance!

Forgot to say, is it okay to state that policies will be updated as and when circumstances change and that necessary permissions will be obtained at the appropriate time?

sarah707
16-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Aagh, I have mush-brain tonight. I'm trying to get all my paperwork in order before my inspection next week, and tonight it's the turn of policies.

When I look through my policy folder I appeared to have missed a few out! Oops. They are now in and awaiting signatures from parents. However I'm a bit stuck with a couple.

Internet I've been told it's good practice to have an internet policy. The children aren't allowed on the pc at the mo as it's in an upstairs room. This means I can't see what the children are doing there and I can't leave the little ones unattended downstairs. There is only one minded child who potentially would use it and she's never asked to, even when my own children do! Incidentally my own children don't go online alone either.

Only write one if relevant

Mobile Phone I'm not sure exactly what is supposed to be in this. Is it a paragraph about my mobile phone usage, or that of mindees? If its the latter then none of them have one (I should hope not at 1, 2 and 5!).

Add info into your safeguarding policy and you'll be ready for the revised EYFS

Camera Parents sign to allow me to take photos, and also that they understand what the photographs may and won't be used for. do I need more than this?

No - again just add something to your safeguarding policy about how you will keep photos / children safe

(finally) Social Networking I have a statement rather than a policy that informs parents how I use social networking sites (inc this one) and reassures them about confidentiality, that I won't upload pics etc. Is this okay?

I have something in my confidentiality policy saying I protect identities / when I use social networking etc

Sorry to bombard you all, and thanks in advance!

Forgot to say, is it okay to state that policies will be updated as and when circumstances change and that necessary permissions will be obtained at the appropriate time?

Yes that's fine - but parents don't need to sign every one, they can sign an overall letter to say which ones they have read and understood.

hope this helps! :D

fluff1975
16-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Thank you so much Sarah. Brain is now a lot less mushy, and can go to sleep happy!

sarah707
17-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Thank you so much Sarah. Brain is now a lot less mushy, and can go to sleep happy!

We can't have mushy brains on the forum :panic:

Good luck with your inspection! Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D