PDA

View Full Version : Phil and teds help please

sweets
16-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I have recently become a phil and teds convert after saying i wouldnt never ever get one :laughing:

I have got the phil and teds sport BUT i hate the way it folds, i find it really awkward, the basket always gets stuck, the locking mechanism is rubbish as mine is the old version where you have to manually do it and it doesnt work if the pram isnt tightly shut.
I also dislike the way the fron seat reclines with the zips on each side that cant be done up if the child is in the seat and also when using as a single and the child is laying flat theres a big gaping hole at thier head end and its such a faff to put back in an upright poistion with the straps.

ive been looking online and quite fancy the phil and teds explorer as it seem to resolve all the issues i have with the sport. Does anyone have one? what are they like in reality?

A friend has just bought a britax b duel which i really like as it has independant seats which are so easy to use and change but its a bit of a beast when lifting in and out of the car and i dont think its as manouverable as a phil and teds.

any recommendations?

rachelle
16-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I have the sport- it can be clunky to fold but I don't drive so it's hardly ever folded!

The lying back bit - I pop a coat over the hood and down the back to block the gap

I never undo the zips, just the underneath straps

not a lot of help I know!! :laughing:

~Grasshopper~
16-05-2012, 07:10 PM
i have a sport and i did annoy me at first but as this is my 6th double i have realised no pram is perfect :)

you can get and i have one if you want it (pm me) a raincover that fastens onto the gaping hole at the back with toggles. but i dont think the children mind or notice.

i dont use the zips i just fasten the top buckle and not the bottom one, so its either lie flat or upright.

when i fold it i just fold the basket with my hand so it clicks shut.

you really will get used to it hun xx

LittleLegsCM
16-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I have, arriving tomorrow, the new 2012 baby jogger mini double and I am so excited I could pee!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I've tried my friends older model and loved it but couldn't afford one at the time so got the first wheels city twin which I liked because you can have the seats facing both ways but it's awful! It's massive and I'm surprised I haven't gone over the handle bars as the front wheels just buckle when you hit a bump and you just come to a completely sudden stop!

So I've been saving up for ages and then found a website that was doing the new model at a massive discount on like a day special so just had to get it!!
I'm not a fan of tandems myself, I'm a sidebyside girl, do you definitely want to stick to p&t's? If not I'd say try a baby jogger :thumbsup:

sweets
18-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I love the baby jogger prams, i had the elite and a friend has the mini but i have nowhere to store a single and a double whic is why i went down the phil and teds route.
I cant have a side by side as i have a very narrow hallway and want to be able to wheel it inside if babies are sleeping.

Does anyone have the explorer?

(by the way has anyone looked at the new baby jogger coming out? i think its called the versa. it look brilliant!)

littletreasures
18-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I have the Explorer and I love it, but .........

I find it so heavy to get in to my high car boot that I'm selling it. Do you want to buy it, lol?

I can push it one handed so can hold a 2 year old's hand. It has a back flap so there's no big gap when you have the seat reclined.

sweets
20-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I am going to a massive toys r us next weekend so will have a good look at all the models then.

The bonus is is that there is also an ikea next door :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
20-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I have the same issues as you Sweets. I LOVE my P&T's and wouldn't be without but I am not keen on the same things.

like someone else has said though - no pram/buggy is perfect....

now there is an idea - who is up for designing the 'ideal' double suitable for busy minders....

sweets
20-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I have the same issues as you Sweets. I LOVE my P&T's and wouldn't be without but I am not keen on the same things.

like someone else has said though - no pram/buggy is perfect....

now there is an idea - who is up for designing the 'ideal' double suitable for busy minders....

But i want the perfect buggy!!!!! lol.

one thats really light, that can fit 3 seats on, has a big basket and folds up as small as a matchbox!

jadavi
20-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I am so excited with my p and t sport as I watched a few yourtube vids and understand now totally how to have the buggypod smorph folded ready to use (wheel off). So I never need take it off now! I may even use it as the second seat not the third seat.

Oooo the flexibility!!!