PDA

View Full Version : assistant???

adele1985
16-05-2012, 02:47 PM
i have an assistant just to help me out with school runs as i dont drive so essentilly shes just a driver, shes listed as an assistant but as she dosent work with me shes not on my reegistration cerfificate if that makes sence :rolleyes:

she hasent got her first aid (shes my partners mum and cares for her disabled son full time and didnt want to complete a first aid, she also used to be a childminder over 10 years ago) she has done the trainning but it ran out quite a few years ago and she dosent want to do another course just for the sake of a few school runs a day

i just want some clarification to if i can leave her with mindees if i can still in full sight

obversly parents would be arare that she has not got a valid first aid cert and sign a cosent form stating this

for example if i go and pay for petrol could i leave the children in the car with her or would they need to come with me

when doing school runs - if its raining do i need to take all children with me (the school car park is in the school grounds a 2 second walk away

i have email ofsted and asked but all they havent got back to me yet

sandy64
16-05-2012, 05:04 PM
hi you cant leave an assistant with children unless she has first aid parents written permission and ofsted have put it on certificate.
she can be with children if your in sight and supervising :) not sure if i would leave her in car if i wasnt in site. or to run round with kids, someone else may say different though:)

rickysmiths
16-05-2012, 09:46 PM
There is a fact sheet here on the Ofsted Website which gives you all the info about working with an assistant.

They can't be you assistant though unless they are Registered by Ofsted and theat is put on your Reg Cert. You will also need Employers Insurance. If you are with MM it is included in your Pub Lib Insurance but you may have to inform them you have an assistant. If you are with NCMA you will have to pay £5 for an Employers Cert. This Cert must be displayed on your notice board.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/search/apachesolr_search/working%20with%20an%20assistant%20childminding