PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!!!! I had a call

devoncm
04-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Just got in from dropping dd at nursery and the phone rings, a parent wanting childcare for their 3 yr old son, wants to start next week, he goes to a diff nursery tho not too far but luckily she has got someone to take and pick him up from there,she said also sometimes falls on weekends but her mum can do but i might offer myself if i am available as every other weekend i have 3 kids so 1 extra wont matter-and be paid!!! she wants hours that are 12-4 for 2 days one week then four days the next-how would you work out payment, ill see if she wants to pay weekly or monthly and just add up the hours? what about the 2 days she misses the short weeks? looking forward to holidays now as will be all day!!! (if i have him)

im all in a muddle now she coming round at 4.30-not really worried but id just rather not have my aftet school here when she comes as he can be very trying but then that could be a good thing?

foxy lady
04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
well done hope it goes well for you:laughing:

nell57
04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Good luck, fingers crossed everything goes well for you

Helen

DiverBabe
04-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to say good luck and well done :)
X

devoncm
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone will let you know how i get on-house needs a quick tidy round but can stay on here while policies being printed:rolleyes:

just thinking about the 2 day and 4 day week- would anyone charge for the 2 days the child doesnt come or should i wait and see if someone rings for the space and let the mum know that if the space is required then she will have to pay for the additional she doesnt use
can i just work out a monthly price would that be easier?

any ideas are appreciated

sarah707
04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Hopeless with money - sorry - just wanted to say ...

Good luck! :D

Blaze
04-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I would charge a retainer on the 2 days during the short weeks (50% of fee)...think it's a nice comprimise!:)

devoncm
04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Well i waited and waited and she didnt turn up not even a phone call!!!!!:angry:

fishbones1
04-06-2008, 05:21 PM
wow that was nice of her! sorry to hear she wasted your time!

katickles
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Do you know that makes me mad!:mad:

I was supposed to have been interviewing/being interviewed on Monday at 10am - at 10:45 after keeping the children indoors I rang to see if there was a problem & It turned out she was in bed!!

She did ring me back to apologise to say that the lo had been poorly during the night, but it didn't help that we had stayed in all morning & couldn't then go out as it was to near to lunch time!

Anyway - now i've prattled on, sorry that this lady didn't show up. Have you got her number to give her a call, maybe she couldn't find the address or something as simple as that?

Jinx
04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Well i waited and waited and she didnt turn up not even a phone call!!!!!:angry:

Thats so annoying, feel for you. :angry:
I have had this happen a few times and it is soooo ignorant. I wouldn't want to work with a parent who was this disrespectful. :angry:

Jinx x

devoncm
05-06-2008, 07:32 AM
It really annoyed me too, but....

at just after 7 i had another call asking to care for a 4 yr old currently in a preschool going school in september so then will be before and after school and in holidays, she currently works 3 days but going back full time so im guessing i will be needed 5 days,she is coming at 9.30 without the child as she at preschool
first would you ask them to come back together so child can meet us all?
second if its before and after care would you charge a rate whilr at school/nursery?

and for other call no i didnt get the number but now got me thinking maybe she couldnt find it as another mum couldnt either so she might ring back again , fingers crossed she does bad luck if she doesnt.

ive got my fingers crossed this goes well-i do actually know the lady kind of, just to say hello to really, she works in the travel agent where all my hols are booked

angeldelight
05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Fingers crossed for you Marie

Keep us posted

Angel xx

devoncm
05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
:angry: JUst had a call from parent from todays visit, ringing to say she has been called into work:angry:

At least she rang and let me know she said she would ring me later today to arrange another time so thats something at least, ill have to keep my fingers crossed she does.

berkschick
05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh no, poor you.

Like you say, at least she called to let you know. I hope she rings back later.