PDA

View Full Version : what do you charge normally if you drop and collected child from nursery

sarahstanbridge
16-05-2012, 06:54 AM
i got a little girl i care for starting a new nursery on monday. i will be dropping her collecting her every day. in the past i have charged full rate if i drop and collect, however this child in full time with me and i dont feel it would be far to charge the parent full rate so i am instead thinking of charging a retain fee whilst the child is at nursery to cover these hours at maybe £5 per day for the 3 hours she is there so extra £25 a week. does anyone else do this? thanks
sarah

Bridey
16-05-2012, 06:58 AM
If you are the one 'on call' to collect the child during the session if required and you are expected to have her when the nursery is closed then I charge full fee. If you don't feel comfortable doing this then go ahead with a retainer but I would at least go for half fee.

You are looking at your £25 proposed retainer as an 'extra' - its not an extra as you are entitled to charge full fee ... the difference between the £25 and full fee you would have charged is actually a loss! ;)

Hayley102
16-05-2012, 06:59 AM
I charge full rate as I can't fill that time with another child and I can't afford to lose the income. Parents understand that is the case before they accept the place at nursery for their child or before they sign my contract which ever comes first.

miffy
16-05-2012, 06:59 AM
I've always charged in full because I can't fill the space, sorry I know that's no help.

Miffy xx

blue bear
16-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I charge full fee, I keep the place open for when nursery is closed. By the time I drop the child and get home then set off to go and collect I am not working directly for him for 2 hours out of the three and it costs me to take him in the seven seater.
If they dint want to pay I fill the place and have done do in the past so means parents have to sort out an alternative if nursery is closed

messyplay
16-05-2012, 07:04 AM
I charge full price while at preschool/nursery cant find a child to fit in those few hours

rickysmiths
16-05-2012, 08:57 AM
If I have a child before Nursery, drop off and then collect i charge full fee while they are there because I can't fill the hours the child is at Nursery and the parent needs those hours if they are closed or in the holidays.

Mouse
16-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I explain it to parents that they are paying for a space I have available (ie. between 8.30am-5.30pm). They are not paying for the amount of time I have the child. If they child happens to be at nursery during those hours, I am still available to work, so the space needs paying for. I will do a free drop off & collection service though :thumbsup:

If they don't want to pay while the child is at nursery I explain that I will either charge for a drop off & collection service, or they will have to arrange for the child to be collected from me & taken to nursery, then dropped back to me afterwards. They will then have to arrange alternative care between those hours when nursery is closed, or during holidays.

EmmaReed84
16-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I explain it to parents that they are paying for a space I have available (ie. between 8.30am-5.30pm). They are not paying for the amount of time I have the child. If they child happens to be at nursery during those hours, I am still available to work, so the space needs paying for. I will do a free drop off & collection service though :thumbsup:

If they don't want to pay while the child is at nursery I explain that I will either charge for a drop off & collection service, or they will have to arrange for the child to be collected from me & taken to nursery, then dropped back to me afterwards. They will then have to arrange alternative care between those hours when nursery is closed, or during holidays.

Couldn't have said it better myself! This is what I do.

cs01
16-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I also would charge full fee. Since September, I have been called twice to go and collect my mindees from preschool. Once because the heating broke down and then again because a mindee was under the weather. My mindees receive funding to attend preschool so the parents are not actually out of pocket and paying two childcare providers at the same time. I am being paid to keep the space open and to be available to collect children at very short notice.

AliceK
16-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I also charge full-fee. I can't fill a space between 9am and 11.30am which is the time I wouldn't have the child with me and would be at home. It's pretty standard practice to charge full, or it is around here anyway.

xxx

onceinabluemoon
17-05-2012, 02:02 PM
when mindees are at preschool for one session i also charge in full (2.5 hours).