PDA

View Full Version : new EYFS breifing

adele1985
15-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Just got back from a eyfs breifing at my loval eduction centre... i must say i feel alot better about it all as i was one of the 7 out of 55 that have actually downloaded and read the new standards and framework :laughing:

The main things they picked up on was the changes to safeguarding and welfare requirements

the requiremwnt of a phone/camera policy

looking for signs of adults behavoiur regarding safeguaring

sharing info with other proffesionals

childminders qulaifications were mentioned ( the minimum requierment may be changed)

sorry i cant remember anothing else (ive left my notes at the education centre :rolleyes: just going to email the tutor now and ask for a copy to be emailed to me

its been a long day today my ear is throbbing ( doctors in the morning) so its bedtime for me :)

Penny1959
15-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Pleased to hear that your are feeling better about it all - hope you get your notes back

Penny :)

sarah707
15-05-2012, 08:58 PM
It's scary how many childminders haven't read it yet! :eek:

Pleased you had a positive briefing. Feel better soon xx

karensmart4
16-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Had our briefing a couple of weeks ago, I had downloaded and read the 3 info packs but it was still good to go through all the most important changes with those in the know.

Briefing number 2 to go more in depth is to be arranged where we take a completed observation sheet in with us to discuss.

guest3
16-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Briefing number 2 to go more in depth is to be arranged where we take a completed observation sheet in with us to discuss.

That sounds as if it'd be useful!

rickysmiths
16-05-2012, 08:32 AM
It's scary how many childminders haven't read it yet! :eek:

Pleased you had a positive briefing. Feel better soon xx

Yes isn't it Sarah. A lot of the ones around here seem to think they will get it all when we go on out training next week and i think they will be in for a shock :rolleyes:

They have no idea of any of the changes I find it quite scary that they don't want to know and expect to be handed it on a plate when they go on the training with no effort from themselves.