PDA

View Full Version : Advertising help please???

katie78
15-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I have put a long story thread on earlier with my woes, I am picking myself up now and need some help with advertising and where is best to do it???

What advertising works well for you all please ??

I have got a profile on childcare.co.uk that I send messages to everyone on there even if I got no replies I know I am trying, I have got a stack of business cards in the reception at out local school, I have been advertising on our local online carboot sites on fb, I have got a poster in the back of my car what else can I do to get my name out there in the big wide world.....................

The world will know that I have got spaces if it likes it or not !!!

Thank you in advance xxx

sharonmanc
15-05-2012, 08:03 PM
as well as what you have done, i have a profile on netmums, i have had quite a few enquiries from there. Also my webpage and facebook page, and also started networking with other childminders in the area.

serin
17-04-2013, 11:20 PM
as well as what you have done, i have a profile on netmums, i have had quite a few enquiries from there. Also my webpage and facebook page, and also started networking with other childminders in the area.

Yes sometimes giving your number to other childminders and telling them what schools you cover etc, often they can pass on jobs they cant take on to you.

nikkiv
17-04-2013, 11:28 PM
I also put my leaflets up in newsagents windows the most I've paid is 50p per week!

Becci26
18-04-2013, 05:42 AM
As well as the above I also had a website made & linked it to google maps 1 luckily for me no one else in the area has thought to do this so when u do a google search I am straight to the top woo!

I also contacted the local preschools & toddler groups and asked them to put my flyers out, I had mine made up from vista print and didn't work out too pricey, especially when u think about how much work it may generate long term, have still got loads left too :-)

MiniKins
18-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Perhaps get face to face with potential clients ~ time for some 'direct marketing'!

Sit down and think of all the positive points of your business ~ What advantages do you have over other childminders in your area? What are the unique aspects of your setting? Think of the 'extra mile' you might be prepared to go ~ maybe extended opening hours…no charge for holidays…meals included if required…drop off and pick up…special qualifications…outstanding grading…near to school...open bank holidays and so on.

If you can produce a leaflet…great, if not a business card will do.

Wander up and down your local high street (or anywhere else there might be lots of mum and dads…boot fairs etc. preferably at the weekend as working parents will be around at that time) handing out to prospective customers. (Clue: they'll be the ones with pushchairs or a small child and perhaps an 'I need a break' look on their faces!) Smile, introduce yourself, say exactly why your there "I'm a childminder…I currently have a vacancy…would you mind if I gave you my card" etc. Trust me, people will be far more accommodating than if you were selling double glazing.

Important: Check with your local council to get their comments on what you propose to do, explaining that it's not a major marketing campaign and you'll only be an hour or so. (No issues with ours, in fact they were quite encouraging and wished me good luck.)

A surprising number will stop and want to have a chat ~ that's your chance to sell yourself, finding out if the use/want to change/are considering childcare. (after of course commenting on what a charming child they have).

Sorry if this all sounds a bit clinical…but in all seriousness with the right approach it can be an enjoyable experience and the returns are good for the effort.

Indeed:
The world will know that I have got spaces if it likes it or not !!!