PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old charge called me an idiot!

juslh
15-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I have a boy twice a week, Tuesday and Friday, as a school pick up. He is fine most of the time, tho there is a bit of under the breath name calling/teasing of my own children from time to time. However, he often goes off on one when his mum comes to collect and runs off/throws things/refuses to put shoes on etc. Today when I repeated it was time to go, please could he give me back the toy, he threw the toy on the floor at my feet and ran off. I 'Excuse-d me' quite loudly so he came back to pick it up, but said 'Idiot' as he did so. Mum doesnt really know how to handle him so didnt say much. I feel on my part that I have few sanctions I can impose since he wont be here for another few days now and can I really bring it up again 3 days later on friday? How does one punish walking-out-the- door unacceptable behaviour..?

sarah707
15-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Manage the behaviour yourself without him playing up to mum... ask her to wait outside until he has his shoes, coat etc on and is ready to leave the house calmly.

If it takes 15 minutes for you to get your point that you will not be treated in that way across... then so bit it! Mum will have to wait.

maybe if she has to wait a few times she will speak to him firmly and take control before it gets any worse.

hugs xx

mushpea
15-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Sarahs idea sounds great or even making him get ready before pick up time then letting him read a book by the door,, if he plays up then he looses 5mins playing time the next day and if he ends up sitting by your door 30mins before pick up cause he cant behave then so be it,, he will eventualy learn you mean what you say.

juslh
15-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks, yes, mum needs to be taken out of the equation. She really doesnt help. I asked her to text me when she was leaving work so I could have him ready but she never has. Perhaps leaving her outside would make a point!

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks, yes, mum needs to be taken out of the equation. She really doesnt help. I asked her to text me when she was leaving work so I could have him ready but she never has. Perhaps leaving her outside would make a point!

Yes you could pop a chair and a magazine outside for parents to wait for their child if they are playing up:laughing::laughing:

nipper
15-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Naaah send him round to mine, I love a challenge me :eek: