PDA

View Full Version : Tandam buggy + board or buggy pod?

moggy
15-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Hello, any experience with adding a buggy board or buggy pod to a tandam double buggy? I have a basic Mothercare tandam (few years old). I love it as it is, but if I could add another seat/board it would allow me to take another little mindee (in Sept will have a 16mth old and a 20mth old). Any experience? Thanks x

Mouse
15-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I have used a tandem buggy with a buggy pod, with limited success! I had a 3 wheeler tandem & it was very unsteady with the buggy pod on and almost tipped the whole thing over when I went round corners.

I sold it to a minder who used it on a 4 wheel tandem and it was fine for her.

I did like it & think I'd have stuck with it if I'd had a different tandem.

I did also try a buggy board on a tandem and found it didn't really work well. It was uncomfortable for the mindee on the board and very hard for me to push.

Little Pickles
15-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I have used a tandem buggy with a buggy pod, with limited success! I had a 3 wheeler tandem & it was very unsteady with the buggy pod on and almost tipped the whole thing over when I went round corners.

I sold it to a minder who used it on a 4 wheel tandem and it was fine for her.

I did like it & think I'd have stuck with it if I'd had a different tandem.

I did also try a buggy board on a tandem and found it didn't really work well. It was uncomfortable for the mindee on the board and very hard for me to push.

Hi Mouse
Do you mind if I ask which 3 wheel tandam you used the pod with please? I am thinking of trading in my double nipper for the phil and teds and planning to get a pod , I have tried the Lots of baby triple and I am not too happy with it so I need an alternative. If it works the phil and teds + pod could be a great soloution
Thank you

Mouse
15-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Mouse
Do you mind if I ask which 3 wheel tandam you used the pod with please? I am thinking of trading in my double nipper for the phil and teds and planning to get a pod , I have tried the Lots of baby triple and I am not too happy with it so I need an alternative. If it works the phil and teds + pod could be a great soloution
Thank you

I used it with a Jane Powertwin, which I have to be honest I found a bit tippy anyway.

Have you looked on the website to see if it's compatible with a P&T?

As I said, I did like it when we were walking in a straight line, just not round corners! The only thing I did was make sure I went up & down dips in pavements when I crossed roads.

It was a bit of a pain to fit initially & I had to find Youtube videos to help, but once it's on it's easy. I didn't want a triple buggy as I didn't need 3 seats every day, so the buggy pod was ideal for that. I could either take it off completely (leaving the clips on the pushchair, so it went straight back on), or leave it folded on the side of the pushchair.

At first I thought it looked a bit small, but my 2yr old mindee fitted in it comfortably. The only real negative was the raincover - it was useless!

Little Pickles
15-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I used it with a Jane Powertwin, which I have to be honest I found a bit tippy anyway.

Have you looked on the website to see if it's compatible with a P&T?

As I said, I did like it when we were walking in a straight line, just not round corners! The only thing I did was make sure I went up & down dips in pavements when I crossed roads.

It was a bit of a pain to fit initially & I had to find Youtube videos to help, but once it's on it's easy. I didn't want a triple buggy as I didn't need 3 seats every day, so the buggy pod was ideal for that. I could either take it off completely (leaving the clips on the pushchair, so it went straight back on), or leave it folded on the side of the pushchair.

At first I thought it looked a bit small, but my 2yr old mindee fitted in it comfortably. The only real negative was the raincover - it was useless!

Thank you for the speedy reply !
I will do a bit more research ! Best wishes :)

Mouse
15-05-2012, 07:31 PM
You're welcome. I'm always happy to talk pushchairs. I'm sure I'm only a childminder so I can keep buying them :laughing::laughing:

Little Pickles
15-05-2012, 07:36 PM
You're welcome. I'm always happy to talk pushchairs. I'm sure I'm only a childminder so I can keep buying them :laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Ha ha you and me both !! I get micky taken out of me by friends for my pushchair collection !!! But in my defence I do use them a lot !!

Mouse
15-05-2012, 07:38 PM
lol, me too! My husband just rolls his eyes now when I tell him I've bought a new one :D

appleblossom
15-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I use a Nipper Twin 360 with a Bibi Strolli Rider when I need to seat 3 little ones. Works well andbetter than a buggy board as LO can sit down and it strapped on.

francinejayne
15-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I used the litaf buggy board with a seat on my tandem pushchair - it worked very week although it was very heavy to push.

My friend has a phil and teds that she uses with a buggy pod - she loves it!

jadavi
15-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I found that my 2 y o on the smurph buggy pod on the phil and ted sports was too heavy and toppled the pushchair and made the screws loose on the attachment. I think weight restrictions specify it's for little ones only...it seems to flimsy to protect a baby though ... Bit worried what to do as need a three seated after half term.

francinejayne
15-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I found that my 2 y o on the smurph buggy pod on the phil and ted sports was too heavy and toppled the pushchair and made the screws loose on the attachment. I think weight restrictions specify it's for little ones only...it seems to flimsy to protect a baby though ... Bit worried what to do as need a three seated after half term.

My friend does put her lightest in the buggy pod - he is 10 months old.

~Grasshopper~
16-05-2012, 09:41 AM
hello ~ fellow pram addict here :)

i currently use my p&t sport with a smorph 2 buggy pod. its fab :)

the maxi lascal board also fits on the back of the p#&t but the brake doesnt work. i prefer the pod as my own 2year old wont stand on the board unless he feels like it :)

x

Shar
16-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I use a p&t sport with a buggy pod, it's great! You have to buy the extension bar also or it won't fit. I use one of those pack-a-Mac type rain covers that fit over the child and seat as the buggy pod rain shield is rubbish.:thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
16-05-2012, 04:24 PM
i sent the extension bar back as my bro fitted it to my sport and didnt need it.

x