PDA

View Full Version : oh no oh no yuck

foxy lady
15-05-2012, 01:11 PM
OK so we went for a lovely walk around the castle gardens and to the small farm there this morning,
off we went on a nature walk and collected some huge pine cones, children said they wanted to bring them back and paint them so i said we would do that and hang 3 or 4 of them each on a bit of string for them to take home and hang up,
children very excitedly collected them and put them under the buggy, when we got to the car i put the pine cones into the nappy bag
got home and got out the cones, THEN !!!!!!! i noticed a few earwigs anyway it turns out all the cones are full of mummy daddy and hundreds of baby earwigs!!!! :eek:they were all over my kitchen top and in the cones, now the cones have been thrown out the window into the garden and the children want to paint them, i really don't want to say no to the children who will be really dissapointed but i don't want to go near those yucky lil bugs, why oh why do i do these things
The lil blighters are all in my nappy bag im sure they are in my hair knickers and anywhere in-between:laughing:

missymood
15-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I hate them too! :eek:

loocyloo
15-05-2012, 01:16 PM
i think ear wigs are the worst thing ever !:eeeek:

Katiekoo
15-05-2012, 01:25 PM
EEEEeew! The children will understand, maybe you can paint pictures of cones? In a few days maybe the bugs will have scarpered and you can paint the cones then? You could shove them in a bucket of water to be sure!

Bridey
15-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I would freak, I hate bugs!!

foxy lady
15-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I would freak, I hate bugs!!

yep i did . i was doing a strange dance around the kitchen, i thought i was going to pass out getting rid of them:eek:
i have managed to pluck up the courage to give them a good old bash outside and now mindees are happily painting them, the parents better really love them or there will be big trouble, just hope i don't find out they have been thrown in the bin :laughing:

loocyloo
15-05-2012, 02:05 PM
yep i did . i was doing a strange dance around the kitchen, i thought i was going to pass out getting rid of them:eek:
i have managed to pluck up the courage to give them a good old bash outside and now mindees are happily painting them, the parents better really love them or there will be big trouble, just hope i don't find out they have been thrown in the bin :laughing:

LOL :laughing: for a minute i thought you meant the mindees were painting the earwigs !!!

stargazer1
15-05-2012, 03:20 PM
LOL :laughing: for a minute i thought you meant the mindees were painting the earwigs !!!

:laughing::laughing:good enough for the evil little critters! I swear those little pincher things on their bums are for removing our eyeballs as we sleep or something. I.DONT.DO.BUGS! Ewwwf.