..is annoying me today....well more than it usually does:(:rolleyes:

Mindees are having to be constantly told

wash your hands properly
close the door......using the handle
dont pick your nose
pick that up.....put that down
dont scratch the car
hands off the walls

and mindees this week seem to be forever pulling out puzzles or games taking all pieces out looking at it,saying im not playing this anymore and putting it away again almost breaking pieces or box in the process:(

My house is slowly getting wrecked and its a new build.

my own kids have never made this much mess or damage over all their years and they are 14 and 8

Why o why are other folks kids such a pain

i just feel im always nagging them

Sorry rant over........

samkeddy
15-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Any chance your getting a cold??

I felt like that last week then came down with cold and knew that was why:blush:

now im better my patience has increased and lifes much easier lol, we all have bad days, take the lo's outside let them run off some energy then your home maybe a little less wrecked later

good luck x

sarah707
15-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Try and get some early nights cosy up with a book and totally switch off from minding.

You sound tired. Hugs xx

breezy
15-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I get like that when I'm tired and cooped up with the kids. :(
try to rest :)

VeggieSausage
15-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I must be permanently knackered then!! :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
15-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Ah bless you some days are like that :rolleyes:Mind you I have commented in the past that I dont remember my children making that much mess, breaking that many toys and generally being messy . I know for a fact they were not that messy as I could/ would not of put up with it :blush:Im not a killjoy but cant understand why people dont teach children to be respectful of others belongings, I beleive this should be taught at quite an early age . And manners as my Nanna used to say cost nothing lol Im getting old now quoting her

Maza
15-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm grumpy today too because I didn't get much sleep. Why not try having fewer toys on hand. Less is definitely more sometimes! x

loocyloo
15-05-2012, 07:23 PM
2 LO had about 20 mins of playing with mirrors & kalidoscopes before 3rd LO arrived, and then we went out to feed the ducks/morning tea. we got home and they sat and looked at books at the table in kitchen whilst i got lunch ... ate lunch and all went down for a sleep! one LO woke just before collection, other LOs read some books with me, watched 5 mins of tv, then we collected my DD from school, came home, played with bugs in soil in kitchen whilst i sorted tea, then had tea and LO went home.

result...hardly any mess :clapping: but we've had a good day!

i'm still tired and un-inspired though! should be doing LJs ... its all there ... ready to go, but i can't get my head round it tonight! so going to go to bed instead! :D

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Any chance your getting a cold??

I felt like that last week then came down with cold and knew that was why:blush:

now im better my patience has increased and lifes much easier lol, we all have bad days, take the lo's outside let them run off some energy then your home maybe a little less wrecked later

good luck x

I dont feel great tbh on half power really.:(

It doesnt make any difference if they have been outside really they act the same every time they come so its prob just building up and aannoying me more than usual today:rolleyes:

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Try and get some early nights cosy up with a book and totally switch off from minding.

You sound tired. Hugs xx

Aww Sarah thanks:thumbsup:

I like the idea of early nights except it feels like the next day comes too quick!!:laughing:

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:02 PM
I get like that when I'm tired and cooped up with the kids. :(
try to rest :)

Glad not just me thanks Breezy:thumbsup:

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Ah bless you some days are like that :rolleyes:Mind you I have commented in the past that I dont remember my children making that much mess, breaking that many toys and generally being messy . I know for a fact they were not that messy as I could/ would not of put up with it :blush:Im not a killjoy but cant understand why people dont teach children to be respectful of others belongings, I beleive this should be taught at quite an early age . And manners as my Nanna used to say cost nothing lol Im getting old now quoting her

This is how i feel.

Im not used to it i suppose as my own kids were absolute angels (still are) compared to some of the mindees that attend thank god none of them are full time !!

Some mindees respect nothing...:(

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm grumpy today too because I didn't get much sleep. Why not try having fewer toys on hand. Less is definitely more sometimes! x

Ah Maza.... i took alot of toys away at the weekend but they just do the same with the ones thats there:laughing: Grrrrr

Demonjill
15-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Im not used to kids changing to doing something different every 2 minutes and its annoying.

I think if i had a playroom this behaviour would only be encouraged or worse as then alot of stuff is "out" already like the nursery so kids can kind of flit between things..but in my house i dont want loads of stuff out and prefer(and its safer) if one or two things out at a time.

Its just annoying to watch child tip out all the pieces of a puzzle out sending them all everywhere:rolleyes::angry:put 3 or 4 pieces together then give up shove it all back in box again roughly!! and get something else out.. I know these kids CAN DO these puzzles so its not that..

chez
15-05-2012, 08:53 PM
hugs

can I ask how old your mindees are

Demonjill
16-05-2012, 07:33 AM
hugs

can I ask how old your mindees are

various ages.

10m is more careful than the older ones:D
1x 3yo
2x4yo
2x5yo twins - they are not so bad
1x6yo
1x7yo

kellib
16-05-2012, 12:20 PM
How are you getting on today? :)

JCrakers
16-05-2012, 12:25 PM
This was me last week :(
I was tired ....I was truthful and told the parents I was a grump, they all thought it funny, the kids agreed.

One of the kids asked on Monday if I was in a better mood today :laughing:
They were pleased when I said Yes...LOL

flowerpots
16-05-2012, 12:30 PM
This is me today, im having an awful week and cant wait until its over!

Hope your having a better day. :thumbsup:

Demonjill
16-05-2012, 10:40 PM
How are you getting on today? :)

Wednesday is my worst/busiest day usually although 2 of my mindees not here:D but that meant entertaining a 4yo on her own for the first time but it went well - even though i spent most of the afternoon brushing dollies hair(have to admit quite enjoyable and therapeutic - wouldnt want to do it every day though:rolleyes:) and putting on silly voices.
Her older sibling is a pita though and comes after school - just cant take to him at all he is really sill giggly, asks tonnes of questions equally silly and just wants to go on putas all the time :angry:

Also for first time ever i have a late payer hopefully its a one off and gets sorted soon:(

So a good and bad day thanks so much for asking x:thumbsup:

Demonjill
16-05-2012, 10:41 PM
This is me today, im having an awful week and cant wait until its over!

Hope your having a better day. :thumbsup:

Ah flowerpots - hope your day tomorrow is better :thumbsup:

Today was not too bad i wasnt as grumpy until after schholie came:rolleyes: