PDA

View Full Version : Slimming world or weight watchers?

cloud9
04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone i was just wondering if anyone could help me. I have lost 2 1/2 stone following the world diet but didnt like the new temporary consultant so left but there are no other local groups. However i have a W.Watchers group nearby and was wondering if anybody had followed it and what you have to do (s.world was red and green days).

Any info would be great

Alibali
04-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Can't you just continue doing the SW diet but go to WW class for weigh-ins. Don't tell my consultant (hope she's not reading this cos she's a minder too!!), but I go to her SW class but didn't like the red/green day thing, so I follow the Rosemary Conley diet and go to her class for weigh in and support!

Ali x

Spangles
04-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Oooooh Ali! How could you!

I couldn't do SW as I'm too picky with my food and found it too limiting. WW is a lot easier. You can basically eat whatever you like as long as you stick to your points allowance which they calculate by taking into account things like your age, weight, amount of exercise, etc.

They you look up the calorie and saturated fat content of your food and look it up on this chart (it's very easy) and it converts it to WW points.

It's really very easy.

I got bored with doing the points though so I've given up on that and trying Cambridge Diet from Friday!

Oh - what is the world diet? I've not heard of that before.

nell57
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Can't you just continue doing the SW diet but go to WW class for weigh-ins. Don't tell my consultant (hope she's not reading this cos she's a minder too!!), but I go to her SW class but didn't like the red/green day thing, so I follow the Rosemary Conley diet and go to her class for weigh in and support!

Ali x

This is what I was going to say. I've not done WW before so don't know to much about it, but if you've found SW works for you stick to that then just use the other for weigh ins

Helen

cloud9
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
The trouble is no matter what i do i cant seem to lose anymore! i still follow my diet religiously (only a couple of slips) and i go to the gym 4 times a week but i cant get anymore off. Im still 10 1/2 stone though

Alibali
05-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd be delighted at 10 1/2 stone! That's my target weight, are you a shorty? I'm 5'6 1/2.

Ali x

cloud9
07-06-2008, 10:36 PM
The trouble is no matter what i do i cant seem to lose anymore! i still follow my diet religiously (only a couple of slips) and i go to the gym 4 times a week but i cant get anymore off. Im still 10 1/2 stone though

yep a very shortie im only 5 1! but im proud im in my size 12's now though!

avril
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I've only followed one diet that was after having my 1st child and lost 11/2 stone in 2mnths following slimming world. I loved it as found could eat so much more than I normally did, I would recommend this diet to anyone.

There has that sold it to you!!:laughing:

cloud9
09-06-2008, 03:13 PM
i love sw and have lost alot of weight with it but i now unfortunately seem to have stopped losing weight following it !

hello kitty
09-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I follow sw (honest) but attend ww at the moment just for the discipline of going to be weighed. However can't find my motivation just now - I've lost it!!!

chels55
13-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I have tried both but found i lost more weight with slimming world and never felt hungry

Cazz
13-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I have tried both but found i lost more weight with slimming world and never felt hungry

Me too! I found that some days I was hungry on weightwatchers, whereas on Slimming World I could eat loads - I love salad, pasta and potatoes (in any form!) so green days are my idea of heaven!

Having said that since I had my baby in December I haven't got motivated enough to do it again! I've got the books here and I'll just do it from home and try to be strong willed. I didn't really enjoy the support meetings after the weigh-in at slimming world (found weightwatchers better for that) but I grudge paying to just stand on the scales and go home again!

Carole x