PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re max numbers allowed

kel1983
15-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I work along side my mum who is also ofsted registered and are currently allowed a max of 8 children under 8 of which 6 can be under 5 and 2 under 1.

We are looking into the possibility of getting our numbers raised to maybe 10 under 8's to meet demands for after school collection.

Looking for some advice from other childminders that work with assistant or co minder. What is the max under 8's you are allowed?

We also have a registered assistant who helps us out when one of us are away, ill etc. We have never all 3 worked together. Does anyone work with more than 2 staff?

Playmate
15-05-2012, 11:10 AM
You will need to check with your local council. Many councils have rules about how many children you can have before they consider it to be a bigger business than Childminding. We are allowed 9 but had to fight our council to get this, however I understand they have now lifted the restrictions.

Hubby and I work with an assistant 3 days a week when we have 7 under 5however it is manic and wouldn't want to do this 5 days a week :rolleyes: On thursday after school we have 9 children and quite frankly unless we can get in the garden it is horrible.The days we work on our own with 6 and maybe one after school feel much more pleasant :D

julie w
15-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I am allowed 9 under 8 when I work with my daughter or husband as my assisstant. I love having loads as its easier to plan games and activities and they play well together. Somedays I have up to 12 children (inc over 8s). Ofsted are fine with this. I know you are only allowed up to 3 assisstants, but as I would only have my family it works well for us.