PDA

View Full Version : ear infection??

adele1985
15-05-2012, 09:53 AM
My ear started hurting last night (really sharp pain when i move my head quickly) ive phoned the doctors first thing today and got an appointment for tomorrow at 11.30am

I feel fine in my self just a little tired and obversly my ear

im supposed to have 2 mindees tomrrow do i need to cancel ( are ear infections contagouse)

my plan was to ask my mother in law (also my assistant) to take me and wait with my mindees outside while i go in if parents are okay with it

what would you do ( cant really afford to loose £60)

stargazer1
15-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Ooh painful. Could well be an ear infection, my little boy suffers with them and they make him really poorly. No they arent contagious though so as long as you are feeling up to it, you should be fine x

twinkletots
15-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I would go to docs and yes ask your assistant to wait with the children, as long as she is registered with Ofsted as your assistant and holds a valid paediatric first aid certificate then she s legally aloud to be left alone with the children for short periods, explain this to the parents of the children though. :)

sarah707
15-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Never put anything smaller than your elbow down your ear canal!!

If it's a build up of wax (very common) you might find they send you away until you have put warm olive oil down it for a few weeks to soften it.... so don't be surprised if that happens.

A warm flannel held against your ear might bring some relief.

Hugs xx

adele1985
15-05-2012, 07:41 PM
thanks everyone :-)

my ear is throbbing at the minuet lol not helped by going to a eyfs brefing :(

paracetamol and bed for me i think :)