PDA

View Full Version : Do you do journals or simlar for children out of the EYFS bracket?

mandy moo
15-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Another Childminder I know, says all her mindees are out of the EYFS bracket now, she would like to know what others do instead of a daily diary/learning journeys for their older mindees.
She has a baby starting in November and can think about getting things in place for then,
But she has her inspection coming up soon and is unsure what Ofsted would expect for the older children.

Bridey
15-05-2012, 06:48 AM
I work together with them on a memory scrapbook that contains photos and artwork and records of days out etc

flowerpots
15-05-2012, 06:48 AM
I think you need an EY child for your inspection but for the older children i generally print off lots of their photographs and we work together to make scrap books, they include their favourite art work and cuttings of things they like etc. :D

miffy
15-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I only do lj's for the EYFS children. Older children can make their own scrapbooks if they're interested. My album of photographs would be evidence for the inspector of the range of things we do. My inspector only wanted to see lj's of the children in the eyfs age group and of those, she wanted to look mainly at those of the children who were there that day. She did look through the babies (who wasn't there) lj as she commented on some of the things in her report.

HTH's

Miffy xx

kats
15-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi my older ones have a scrap book style file, they have their name and pic on the front then inside its filled with photos of things we do in the hols, any drawings, paintings etc that they want to go in it. They put things in themselves, and do all their own writing etc. If they go away on holidays they write about it and stick photos of their holidays in it. We stick in pics of their birthdays, christmas etc. They play a very big part in how it is all put together!! :)

rickysmiths
15-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I work together with them on a memory scrapbook that contains photos and artwork and records of days out etc

This is what I do. :thumbsup:

mandy moo
16-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanx for you replies to the original question :)

BUT..
Is that right about having to have a EY child to be inspected?
Because come August I wont have any EY children.
Im happy with the 4 Ive got and dont want any more Minded children?

Pauline
16-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanx for you replies to the original question :)

BUT..
Is that right about having to have a EY child to be inspected?
Because come August I wont have any EY children.
Im happy with the 4 Ive got and dont want any more Minded children?

Yes that is true and they will ask when they ring to do your inspection whether you have EY children on role.

It could be that if you continue to have no EY children on role they will make you move to the childcare register only option. Unless things have changed in the last few months (so someone correct me if I am wrong) you can go another 3 years without children in EY then you will be forced to go on the childcare register only.

mandy moo
16-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanx Pauline :)

To be honest, Ill be giving up childminding in another couple of years or so.
I work in our local Pre School and this is what I really want to do,
As much as I enjoy having the minded children here,
occassionally, I do wish I was coming home to peace and quiet..lol