PDA

View Full Version : 'What To Do If You're Worried a Child Is being Abused' booklet

Tink
15-05-2012, 06:02 AM
I have received the following information from our local Childminding team:

'What To Do If You're Worried a Child Is being Abused'

This publication (full A4 copy and A5 Summary booklet) has now been archived by the Department for Education and should no longer be used as it is deemed to no longer reflect current policy or guidance.

Has anyone else heard this?

sarah707
15-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Not heard it but I wouldn't be surprised tbh - it's 2006 guidance and much has changed including the Safeguarding Children Boards which all have their own ways of doing things.

It's not mentioned in the revised 2012 EYFS either as a 'must have' booklet like it is in the current one.

HOWEVER it is still law because it's in the 2008 EYFS so I do not suggest anyone throws anything away until September!!!! :panic:

:D

miffy
15-05-2012, 06:39 AM
No, I haven't been told that either.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
15-05-2012, 07:01 AM
No I haven't heard that but at a meeting in the last few weeks it was mentioned as a must have by are Early Years Trainer.

As Sarah has said it is until September required under the current EYFS.

Tink
15-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Yes, sorry should have said, it is still current until the revised EYFS comes into play in September.

I have to keep laughing to myself, as I am being sent so much information on things that need to be changed for September, and I am sure I read somewhere that the new EYFS would not create as much paperwork, is that before or after we change everything?

merry
15-05-2012, 04:01 PM
We were also told this at an eyfs briefing and that it's no longer available

:)