PDA

View Full Version : twins under one do I need variation?

tash 1
14-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi had enquiry today for 10 month old twins my question is do I need to phone ofsted to ask for variation of care?I do not have any kids in setting at moment, my certificate states 5 under 8 as my youngest is 7 and will inspector have to come out or will I just fill form to explain how I will manage
Thanks Tashx

christine e
15-05-2012, 05:41 AM
I have never had a variation but it is my understanding that you just need to fill in the variation form and submit, if you need it urgently you may be better giving Ofsted a call

Good luck

Cx

onceinabluemoon
15-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Unless your certificate allows you two under ones (which you will have needed a previous variation for) then you will need to apply. Give ofsted a quick call and they will take some details and email you the form, its pretty easy to fill in but if you get stuck there are always members on here willing to help. :)

rickysmiths
15-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I have two under ones on my certificate but this is rare. You need to give Ofsted a ring and ask them to email you a Variation form which you can fill in online and return to them very quickly.

As long as you fill in the form in detail and demonstrate how you will be able to care for two of the same age it is very unlikely that they will visit you.

Good Luck.