PDA

View Full Version : Predicament! Advice please!!!

muffins
14-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm 10wks pregnant and planning on taking 9mths off as of Nov, not telling parents till I've had my 12wk scan!

Last wk the parent of one of my schoolies asked if they could change to a term time only contract after the summer, I just said I'm happy to do term time only but you then forfit the 4wks I offer at half pay for holidays. I didn't say yes/no! This did however make me quilty, feeling like I've misled them!:(

So today same parent asks me if I could have there younger child for 1day a wk for a couple of mths nxt yr, then adds when collecting actually might like you to have then onb a more perminant basis!

:panic::panic::panic:

I dont want to lie to them but I'm not ready to tell parents yet! I cant just tell them because they know other parents of mindees!

I don't know what to do:panic:

flowerpots
14-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Oh muffings, thats a tricky situation. could you just say no, you dont have the availability? :huh:

blue bear
14-05-2012, 05:50 PM
its along way off and will need to think about it some more. or
not sure how things will pan out as i have some other changes to take into consideration can i get back to you in a few weeks. or
just smile and say yes that seems fine at the moment but cant guarantee things wont change in the future and will confirm nearer the time.

don't envy you as i cant stand not being able to tell people things. congratulations by the way x

uf353432
14-05-2012, 05:51 PM
You could just say next year is a long way off - so in principle its fine unless something happens along the way to prevent it happening.

The Juggler
14-05-2012, 06:08 PM
You could just say next year is a long way off - so in principle its fine unless something happens along the way to prevent it happening.

i agree. no-one needs to know you know yet. you could still be completely in the dark about your pregnancy , many people are until much later :thumbsup:

sarah707
14-05-2012, 07:26 PM

I often say this when people ask about spaces well into the future - ask me nearer the time a lot can change between now and then.

Congratulations! :clapping: