PDA

View Full Version : where do you all advertise?

lulubelle
14-05-2012, 05:25 PM
i need to find some more children (ideally for my local school!) currently i advertise on childcare.co.uk, netmums, have my own website and face book pages. cards in local shop, tesco etc. considering doing a letter box drop (anyone had any luck doing that?)

BucksCM
14-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I joined childcare.co.uk last year (or the year before...I don't really remember!!) and am on the council's website...Family Information Service. I have to say though, having been minding for 18 years, nearly all my work is word of mouth. Although, my newest mindee came from childcare.co.uk:D
I live in a small village, so networking at the toddler groups and talking to mums in the playground about what I do has always helped. Even if they don't need someone, they may meet a friend who does and pass my name on.
Does the school do a regular newsletter and would they be willing to put something in there for you?
I know of mum's starting small businesses who've stood at the gate giving leaflets out...an idea?:idea:

lulubelle
14-05-2012, 05:40 PM
i have given the school some of my bussiness cards because they said parents tend to ask them if they know anyone.

Greengrass74
14-05-2012, 05:41 PM
How about speaking with the local school and asking if you can set up a little display with some pictures, resources you use etc. showing your setting and what you do.

You only need it at the start and end of the school day and it would give you the opportunity to talk to parents dropping off and collecting.

BucksCM
14-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Maybe take it a step further and ask them to put it in a newsletter?
Not all parents would think that the school would have a childminder's cards to give out and may not even ask.

moggy
14-05-2012, 07:14 PM
There is also http://www.************.co.uk/ which is free, I have had a few enquiries off there.