PDA

View Full Version : oh dear sorry, more help needed please re ad hoc contracts

mushpea
14-05-2012, 02:07 PM
well re my previous post the parents were pleased with everything and all went well, they want to have a trial afternoon this thursday which is fine with me but how on earth do I do a contract for ad hoc care,, this didnt occur to me untill half way through the meeting lol. they have decided to just pay me when they use the care and not pay for certain days so on my contract I will just write adhoc care acrross the days they will use but is it worth having a contract for this? its not regular ad hoc and although they know their shifts in advance they may do extra work at the last minute if I have the space for their child.
so how do those of you who have ad hoc care do their contracts or is it worth having a contract, they are not reserving the space and only pay when they come?

toddlers896
14-05-2012, 02:16 PM
well re my previous post the parents were pleased with everything and all went well, they want to have a trial afternoon this thursday which is fine with me but how on earth do I do a contract for ad hoc care,, this didnt occur to me untill half way through the meeting lol. they have decided to just pay me when they use the care and not pay for certain days so on my contract I will just write adhoc care acrross the days they will use but is it worth having a contract for this? its not regular ad hoc and although they know their shifts in advance they may do extra work at the last minute if I have the space for their child.
so how do those of you who have ad hoc care do their contracts or is it worth having a contract, they are not reserving the space and only pay when they come?

Hi,
I had this query a couple of weeks ago as i didnt think it was worth doing a contract for a few hrs here and there. I rang the NCMA legal helpline and they said to write on the contract "this is a zero hour contract and will be as and when required by the parents, subject to agreement on both parties".
You dont have to have a contract but they told me that if you dont then they wont be able to help me get my money if they decide not to pay me.
Ive decided that if somebody wants to use me just for a few hrs here and there then ime not going to do a contract, i will just make sure that i have a child record form filled out as it wont bother me too much if they dont pay the few pounds. If they dont pay, i dont look after their child again.
I would definately do a contract for permanent hours though!
I hope this helps you.

adele1985
14-05-2012, 02:28 PM
hi hun i have done a contract my self which all my parents sign regardless of what there contracted hours are. It has all the info in there regarding holidays, sickness, notice for termination of contract ect

I have donr a page at the back which states all the rates of care ive put a paragraph about if and when care which states they wont be exprected to pay for care unless they need it also i may not be available when they need care. I have also put in that if they book in advence but not use the space they will need to pay for it.

On the front of each childs contract ive wrote the hours of care they are contracted to and the parents have signed it. I also have the parents write the hours of care they will need on the childs registration form

Bridey
14-05-2012, 02:40 PM
There shouldn't be a dispute about money if you stipulate in writing that they must book the place and pay in advance ... and stick to it!

However, I would rather have a contract than not have one so I guess the NCMA's recommendation is the best way to go about things. You could also put on there the minimum amount of notice you require and that childcare will not be provided unless paid for in advance or in cash upon dropping off the child.

toddlers896
14-05-2012, 02:46 PM
There shouldn't be a dispute about money if you stipulate in writing that they must book the place and pay in advance ... and stick to it!

However, I would rather have a contract than not have one so I guess the NCMA's recommendation is the best way to go about things. You could also put on there the minimum amount of notice you require and that childcare will not be provided unless paid for in advance or in cash upon dropping off the child.

Good idea bridey. I should be doing that really, payment upfront, perhaps i will start doing that with any new ones i get. I just worry that they wont have the initial payment and then i loose them to another CM