PDA

View Full Version : Travel expenses - ? claim

webbthomas
14-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I have 3 mindees, two of whom are at Playgroup one of whom is at primary school. I also have my own children at the same primary school. I claim for travel expenses when transporting the mindees to Playgroup but do not claim for travel expenses when transporting the one mindee back from school as I have to go there anyway to collect my own children. I am, however, wondering whether I should be claiming for travel expenses on the school run (irrespective of the fact that I have my own children in tow) as I am still working? :idea: Is anyone else in the same situation and what do you do?
Thank you.

aly
14-05-2012, 11:59 AM
some say yes some no...i claim because if i didnt have the little ones i got then we would be walking.

Bridey
14-05-2012, 12:02 PM
There is a clear rule for this one ... but I can't remember what it is! I've a feeling its a 'no'. I'm sure MrAnchovy will see this and clarify the situation.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-05-2012, 07:33 AM
If you are taking the children to the same school as your own then no you cannot claim (better off walking and claiming the .20p per bike used)

If you go to nursery and collect children when it isn't your own then claim

If you go to school to drop your own children off and then on to nursery with mindees, claim from school to nursery to home

webbthomas
17-05-2012, 08:04 PM
If you are taking the children to the same school as your own then no you cannot claim (better off walking and claiming the .20p per bike used)

If you go to nursery and collect children when it isn't your own then claim

If you go to school to drop your own children off and then on to nursery with mindees, claim from school to nursery to home

Thanks very much for this reply.
What does .20p per bike used mean?? :blush: Not aware of this one! :eek:

MrAnchovy
17-05-2012, 08:53 PM
You can claim 20p per mile for a bicycle when the journey is exclusively for a business purpose (such as cycling to school accompanying mindees/with mindees in carriers).