PDA

View Full Version : How would you describe the advantages of childminders

daisychainqueen
14-05-2012, 07:09 AM
If an Alien came to visit and you had to describe what you do,
what would you say.
I've been getting so caught up in EYFS paper work................etc.
I'm trying to simplify and get back to basics, I'm trying to remember the things I would do with my own children when they were babes, before I minded.

What makes childminders different to other childcare settings?

What makes us special?

Bridey
14-05-2012, 07:25 AM
The first thing I would say is that the parent chooses the actual person/s to look after their child and that person/s remain consistent for as long as the child stays at that setting. They go to work knowing exactly who is looking after their child.

ziggy
14-05-2012, 07:35 AM
having worked in many childcare settings over the years i would say i offer a more homely type of care with consistency

uf353432
14-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I see a childminder as a special friend, a nurse, a cook, someone who reads to a child, takes them to the park, hugs them when they fall, lets them get messy, patiently helps them tie their shoelaces or button up their coat, leaves the back door open so they are free to go outside whatever the weather, when a child asks if they can do something replies 'yes you can', gives them high fives and thumbs up for being amazing, lets them have a duvet day when they are just too tired to do anything, listens to them, responds to them, notices that they are not their normal self, sets up activities for a child just because, lets them choose the fruit at the greengrocer, helps them post a letter to mummy and daddy, lets them use scissors, doesn't mind a bit of playdough on the carpet, says yes to painting and glue and glitter, teaches them that adults are interested in what they have to say, accepts all the children as one of her own, lives eats and breaths her job every minute of the day, becomes a friend of the family, is there to capture those special moments for the parents, smiles everyday even when they feel rough, looks out the window on a rainy day and thinks 'puddle jumping'.

A childminder is underpaid, over worked and LOVES every minute of it.

kel1983
14-05-2012, 07:56 AM
I see a childminder as a special friend, a nurse, a cook, someone who reads to a child, takes them to the park, hugs them when they fall, lets them get messy, patiently helps them tie their shoelaces or button up their coat, leaves the back door open so they are free to go outside whatever the weather, when a child asks if they can do something replies 'yes you can', gives them high fives and thumbs up for being amazing, lets them have a duvet day when they are just too tired to do anything, listens to them, responds to them, notices that they are not their normal self, sets up activities for a child just because, lets them choose the fruit at the greengrocer, helps them post a letter to mummy and daddy, lets them use scissors, doesn't mind a bit of playdough on the carpet, says yes to painting and glue and glitter, teaches them that adults are interested in what they have to say, accepts all the children as one of her own, lives eats and breaths her job every minute of the day, becomes a friend of the family, is there to capture those special moments for the parents, smiles everyday even when they feel rough, looks out the window on a rainy day and thinks 'puddle jumping'.

I love that. Well done :clapping:

Bridey
14-05-2012, 08:24 AM

That is beautiful! I think I may print it out and stick it to a kitchen cupboard to look at from time to time :)

BucksCM
14-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Absolutely!!!:clapping::clapping:

miffy
14-05-2012, 12:01 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
14-05-2012, 05:56 PM

Love it!!!! Think I too might print it out just to remind me when I'm having a really rubbish day why I do this job!!!

uf353432
14-05-2012, 06:01 PM
maybe I should copy and paste it into my letter to my MP? :laughing: