PDA

View Full Version : Do you use Facebook to share video's with mindees parents?

acorns
13-05-2012, 10:48 PM
It's straightforward when there's just one mindee & I put that onto DVD, but when there's more than one, how do you share that with both/all parents. I think it's nice for them to see how their little ones interact with each other (I would get permission to share of course), I thought of using my business facebook page or what are the other ideas out there?

Ripeberry
13-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I would stick to DVD. There is a time limit on Facebook and Flickr accounts. At least a DVD can be as long as you need :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
14-05-2012, 06:49 AM
no because Facebook isn't secure

Polly2
14-05-2012, 07:15 AM
I put short video clips on a cd for parents :thumbsup:

Bridey
14-05-2012, 07:23 AM
I would never put pictures or videos of mindees on the internet - its dvd only here.

Mouse
14-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I use memory cards. Each parents provides their own & I put photos & videos on there. I can easily put the individual photos on each child's card as well as video clips & photos which show them with other children.

I have permission to share photos & videos.

For one family at the moment I am using Dropbox to share photos with them, at their request. I don't know if you can share videos as well on there.

Bridey
14-05-2012, 08:18 AM
I use memory cards. Each parents provides their own & I put photos & videos on there. I can easily put the individual photos on each child's card as well as video clips & photos which show them with other children.

What an excellent idea :thumbsup:

butterfly
14-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Each of my children have a memory stick attatched to their learning journey for video clips. Parents are asked to download them off the stick if they wish to keep them.

I gain permission for children to be videoed and for children to appear in video clips of other children.

i have a business fb page but i dont put photos of children on there, just activities set up or hands involved in something!

sarahjane
14-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I recently did the Roles and Responsibilities and CAF 1 + 2 course and the advice given is not to be friends with parents on faceebook at all and definitely not to share anything regarding your practise on there either. so no sharing on facebook would not be an option.

notts
14-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Interesting. I have a facebook page but I only discuss/show pictures of my setting/services/etc.

I hadn't thought about sharing pics, just becuase I haven't started minding yet but have in my mind the learning journal, which is how I plan to share my pics with parents. But of course not everything will go in the journal so, the dvd/memory stick idea is great.

Even if a parent asked, I would never use FB for pics of mindees children. Can you imagine if someone got hold of a pic and photoshopped it into one of those that are sadly circulated about? :mad:

nipper
14-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Don't want to be the one who spoils the party but I don't trust any of the social networking sites at all. My husband is a teacher and the safeguarding officer for his (secondary) school. He recently updated his training with West Mercia Police and the things he learned on it were frightening to say the least. The trainer told him that they could basically do anything and I mean anything with an apple i-phone or a laptop or pc. Images could be retrieved and altered after the owner thought they had been deleted. They were also told how these so called 'rings' are infiltrated by the police and cracked down on. I must admit after DH told me I no longer use facebook. Certainly wouldn't to, to 'talk' to parents...not happening I'm afraid.

The Juggler
14-05-2012, 12:54 PM
nothing to do with my mindees goes on FB - don't trust its security :panic:

Katiekoo
14-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I use my blog 'pages for parents' - with a password, I've never tried to put video on but you can do it.