PDA

View Full Version : ECC R.A.G S.E.Fs= HELP!!!

LittleLegsCM
13-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Anyone else received the Essex County Council RAG SEF???

I received it last week (i think, possibly the week before :blush: ) but I've been so busy I've not had chance to look at it properly- I just have and its completely blown my mind!!

From what I can gather, it looks like I'll automatically be getting a red as I've only been registered & working since Feb so there's a lot of things on it I havent done yet! :( surely, thats not fair??
The email has SEVEN attachments, SEVEN?! And I've got to say I wasn't expecting it so is there anyone here who has done it or is aware of it and could possibly help me?!

TY xx

sarah707
14-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Please don't worry about it!

It does not have any bearing on your Ofsted inspection.

Just use any points from it to feed into your future self evaluation. Try and see it as a positive way of picking up what you are doing well and not doing so well... rather than as a threat.

Hugs xx

Heaven Scent
14-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I would just fill out what I can and if there are sections you cannot complete because you have not done it yet then write what you would do or intend to do - if you are printing it off to fill it in by hand then pencil this in and if you are typing it in using your computer then type it in a different coloured font so you can go back and change it as you do things - a SEF is a working document so its never ending and is open for alteration at any time.

If you get stuck or don't understand something as the people/person who sent it to you for advice - you can always pop on here and ask specific questions about it - if you give us the title or question we may be able to help you with the answer.

TooEarlyForGin?
14-05-2012, 07:38 PM
It's idiotic, I am wondering why we have to do this as well as OFSTED. I think they are expecting rather a lot. Also have you noticed that no matter what you do you cannot get a green for the workforce development self-assessment bit, talk about a no-win situation. I get RAGed by my DO once a year and it has just been done in January and I have just gone through accreditation, filling in lots of this already, so it will just have to wait.