PDA

View Full Version : Really need CYPW help please.

Velleity
13-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Am getting behind on this course again but also now confused on this:

Please provide a written evaluation on your own knowledge, performance, and understanding against relevant standards (EYFS, Health and Safety Act 1974, Childcare Act 2006).

Do I have to read the entire EYFS again and evaluate how well I am meeting it in every single area? Bit confused. Feel like that would take a long time .. not sure. Just need someone to clarify what this is asking for before I write pages and pages of nonsense.

Thanks!

LittleLegsCM
14-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Sorry Hun, can't help but bumping for someone that maybe able to help x

funemnx
14-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I hope this is helpful, it doesn't exactly answer your question but I think each college gives slightly different questions!

Question: Explain the expectations of your own work as expressed in relevant ‘standards’

‘Children learn best when they are healthy, safe and secure, when their individual needs are
met and when they have positive relationships with the adults caring for them. The welfare
requirements are designed to support providers in creating settings which are welcoming, safe
and stimulating, and where children are able to enjoy learning through play, to grow in
confidence and to fulfil their potential.’

The Statutory Welfare requirements are:

Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare – I regularly attend Safeguarding courses to ensure I am fully conversant with the relevant laws and current practice. I have a Safeguarding policy which I share with parents of the children I attend which outlines what I will do if I have concerns about a child in my care. Information on each child in my setting is kept in separate folders to ensure confidentiality. All information, including accidents, incidents and medication records are kept in this folder in a locked cupboard. Any information I hold on my computer is kept safe through the use of passwords and I am registered with the Data Protection Agency.

Key person – As key person to all the children in my care, I make sure that when entering my setting children are welcomed warmly and are always treated with respect and feel safe with me. I encourage children to explore their surroundings and feel confident in my setting. I build relationships with the parents and include them in the care of their child while in my setting by working with them and helping them to feel included.

Suitable people – As a registered childminder I have a CRB check which Ofsted require. My husband and my children under the age of 16 are also required to have a CRB check. When I register an assistant I make sure that a CRB check is completed through Ofsted.

Suitable premises – I conduct regular risk assessments of my home and garden. These are undertaken visually throughout the day and written which are reviewed regularly. I test the smoke alarms and we practice an emergency evacuation with all the children every 3 months, using both the back and front doors. All children in my setting use walking reins when out and about to keep them safe when near roads and to prevent them from getting lost. Babies and toddlers sleep in 3 cots that I have available for them to use. The sheets are changed every day as different children sleep in them.

Documentation – I have written copies of my policies and procedures which include Safeguarding, Equalities, Illness and Confidentiality. Copies of these are given to parents on joining the setting and if they are updated. I keep written documentation of all accidents, incidents and medication given which are kept in the children’s confidential folders.