PDA

View Full Version : A touch of the never agains...

funemnx
13-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I've spent the past year doing CYPW Level 3, trying to get ready for Mrs O who was due in February and keeping up with the children's folders.

the level 3 will be finished on Thursday (I hope) :clapping: and Mrs O still hasn't been :panic:

The folders got left 'till last and have given up 2 Sundays in a row, printing photo's, writing obs and summative reports which are a month late sigh....

From now on I will try to write obs every week because trying to update the last 4 months in one go is rubbish!

Now where's the wine! :laughing:

karen m
13-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I say that every month ,i will keep up with paperwork ,do i...... no

toddlers896
13-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I've spent the past year doing CYPW Level 3, trying to get ready for Mrs O who was due in February and keeping up with the children's folders.

the level 3 will be finished on Thursday (I hope) :clapping: and Mrs O still hasn't been :panic:

The folders got left 'till last and have given up 2 Sundays in a row, printing photo's, writing obs and summative reports which are a month late sigh....

From now on I will try to write obs every week because trying to update the last 4 months in one go is rubbish!

Now where's the wine! :laughing:

You enjoy. It will all be worth it when you get that OUTSTANDING:thumbsup:

funemnx
13-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Ha ha Tracy, I don't think so! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Will be delighted with a Good :D

onceinabluemoon
13-05-2012, 06:55 PM
I know how you feel, I always seem to be catching up with something since i started my CYPW course...

sarah707
13-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I do LJs every week now... I got behind a while ago and it took even longer to catch up!! :panic:

I have a new Pogo printer... I take photos and print immediately with the children helping.

Then I write when the children are busy playing, involving them where possible.

Once you are up to date look for pockets of time through the day when you can write a few notes - it's much easier to say updated that way! :D

nipper
13-05-2012, 08:07 PM
...must keep up to date with paperwork
:rolleyes::eek::yawning::crying::ohdear::eeeek::do h:

Helcatt
13-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, how I know that feeling.

I have Mrs O due in October, so have been wanting to catch up with LJs and I am getting there. Not up to date by any means (and this is hindering my planning, if I'm honest) but I am not as far behind as I was.

I have been utilising quiet times in the day, rather than kicking back and relaxing and it is really helping me to catch up. I am also doing evenings at the moment and odd weekends, but the plan is to get it under control and then limit the "out of hours" time that I spend on it all - my thought process is that it will be one weekend a month to do planning, LJs, RAs and accounts

I have 9 children, almost all part time, so it is an awful lot of LJs to keep on top of now.

HX

LittleLegsCM
13-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm going to make a confession and say I am really struggling with learning journals :o

I have one of my LOs who started 3/4 weeks ago and I still haven't started his!
I'm struggling with what to write! We've had issues from day 1- hitting, biting, slapping, pushing (all of which mum & I have had a few conversations about) as well as the fact he seems quite behind on the verbal front for a 2 year old and refuses to join in with anything so so far there hasnt really been much positive things to put in and I'm worried about starting it on a negative.

What have you guys written in this type of situation??