PDA

View Full Version : Lunch ideas

LittleLegsCM
13-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning lovely people!

I'm sitting here racking my little brain trying to think of new lunch ideas!
I've looked in the recipe ideas folder but there is hardly anything for lunches so wasn't really helpful :(

My LO is a big fan of pasta so they do tend to have things like cheese & tom pasta twirls or tortellini etc quite a bit but I want to try something different.

3 LOs between 18&25 months, none of them really eat sandwiches, they didn't eat quiche when I tried that either so what kind of things do you make for LOs???

Monkey26
13-05-2012, 10:17 AM
I have attached my meals questionnaire which went out to all parents when i started providing lunch - we vary and mix and match some of the meals but they are the 'core' meals provided :D - hope it helps xx

sarah707
13-05-2012, 10:56 AM
We have different types of bread (brown, white, bagels, French, wholemeal, buns etc) and fillings (meat, fish, spreads, cheese etc)... salad (tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, peppers etc) usually with a dip... 2 types of fruit... yoghurt or other milk based pudding.

If we have done some baking in the morning we will have some of that too - but it doesn't always happen.

We then have hot meals at tea time. :D

loocyloo
13-05-2012, 11:00 AM
we have alot of soup! i make a big batch of vegetable/tomato soup at the start of the week and we have it with bread/rolls etc. then i might add some diced chicken/or other meat to it, or some small pieces of cooked pasta. sometimes i add a little soup to lots of pasta ( as a sauce )!

we have baked potatoes with cheese/beans/tuna/whatever they suggest! ( i drew the line at chocolate & jam though :rolleyes: :D )

scrambled egg/boiled egg/poached egg with toast

ommlettes with ham/cheese/tomato/mushroom

beans/hoops on toast

macaroni cheese

sausage rolls & beans/salad

rolls/wraps/pitta/bagels/etc/sandwiches/open sandwiches - ham/cheese/chicken/smoked fish pate ( a current favourite! )

we make pizza on pizza bases/muffins/pitta bread

cheese scones / savoury muffins

hope that gives a few ideas.

kellib
13-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I have one LO who doesn't really eat bread very much so he has a variety of things like pasta with tuna and sweetcorn or pasta with mozzarella cheese, soup, rice with veggies, fish fingers/chicken with veggies, fish pie, he does sometimes eat crumpets and Jam, salad, noodles with veggies.

Sometimes if I've made a big meal the night before I leave aside a portion for LO's lunch the next again day so he also has things like spag bol, pasta bakes, stews etc.

miffy
13-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I am getting hungry reading this thread lol!

I use my slow cooker a lot to make stews, casseroles, cook joints of meat/chicken.

My lo's love pasta too - I just vary the sauces. They also like helping to make lunch - pizza faces, chopping veg for soups/stews.

I thimk jojogiggles questionnaire is a good idea if you're not sure what they like.

Miffy xx