PDA

View Full Version : Time Wasters Grrrrr

helendee
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Does anyone else seem to fall prey to these monsters? Lol.

Recently we seem to be attracting people who contact us about a potential place, come round for a visit and stay for hours and act like your new best friend, then you either get a 'No Thanks' from them a few days later or never hear from them again!

I obviously understand that everyone is free to choose whomever they want to place their little ones with, but I do get fed up with them sitting in my house for up to two hours eating my custard creams and drinking my coffee.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!! :)

rickysmiths
11-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes in the last six months I have more of them than I have had in the last 18 years. Its driving me nuts. I have seen a dozen sets of parents two who indicated they wanted to use me.

One of those said the same to one of my friends so we sat back and waited and waited and after 6 weeks we were both sent the identical email!! I then discovered that they had also seen another friend who they had told was the best cm in town and were begging her to have them. Except she only does Term Time care and they needed all year. She only had 2 days, they needed 4 and they wanted longer hours than she has ever worked. They kept badgering her to the point she has now rung them and told them a very firm NO. My friend and I wouldn't touch them now and we believe they are using two Day Nurseries because they can't get all the hours in one and it is a Nursery that they told all of us they thought was dreadful. :laughing::laughing::laughing: It does make you wonder what planet they are on. they have lower standard of care at a higher price. In their email they said they had chosen a Nursery because it was more flexible than a Childminder :laughing: That's a first for me!

I have had a parent in the last fortnight who came to see me on a Friday night, went home and rang and asked when they could sign a contract. Came on the Sunday signed everything paid the 4 weeks fees Deposit which was a lot because they are 10 hours a day 5 days a week. They started settling in on the Tuesday and Friday and started the full contract the day after the BH.:thumbsup: This is the best kind of parent. the Dad is so down to earth I could hug him and mum is lovely, just a nervous first time mum going back to work. Over the moon at how well their baby has settled.

Baildon bears
12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I would not be sharing my custard creams with any potential parent :laughing::laughing::laughing:

LittleLegsCM
12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Yup I had this 5 times before I actually got a proper mindee in!! Every single one of them came round being all nicey nicey and not one of them called back to even say no thanks (which is the bit that bugs me the most!) I even had one set of parents who I spent 2 weeks having telephone conversations with (both mum & dad individually) then we arranged face to face... 1 hour after the meeting had been arranged I called to make sure everything was ok as they hadn't turned up, the reply I got was that they were going to leave it for now (***?!) nice to be told when your sitting around waiting!! :angry:

miffy
12-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I would not be sharing my custard creams with any potential parent :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing: Me neither! I may offer coffee but that is it :D

Miffy xx

mum26
12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Yep same here! I think I live in wrong area as most parents seem to be going for convenience around here.

lauraj
12-05-2012, 06:33 PM
me too! I had one lady who i spoke to on the phone and arranged for a wednesday even sent an email confirming the date and time sat and waited no one turned up i then received a message from them the next day saying oh i thought we arranged for friday so i arranged a time for the friday and then a couple of hours later she emailed me again to say she couldnt make the friday after all. she finally came a week later turned up late and called me the wrong name.

karen m
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I think we have all had parents/carers like this at sometime ,soooooooo annoying