PDA

View Full Version : Having friends round to play

Little Pickles
11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone
I was just wondering what everyone does with regard to having friends round to play with your own kids when you are minding ? My kids are now over 8 as are their friends - do I need to include them in my numbers when I am minding ?

rickysmiths
11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
You are only regulated on the numbers of Under Eights you have ie no more than 6 Under Eights.

You have a duty in having over eights that they do not impact on the quaity of care given to the under eights.

So if you dd and friend are playing in her bedroom and having no impact on the minded children fine. If you are in the garden with the mindees and you dd and her friends run riot around them and scare the living daylights out of them all then not its not a good idea. IYSWIM

pinkellifun
12-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi everyone
I was just wondering what everyone does with regard to having friends round to play with your own kids when you are minding ? My kids are now over 8 as are their friends - do I need to include them in my numbers when I am minding ?

I was told that it wouldn't impact your numbers just remember how many children you are allowed on your premises according to your insurance. I am only allowed a total of 10 children and was told any of my own children and any friends were included in that figure.

Obviously I am just going on what I've been told so am assuming its correct.;)