PDA

View Full Version : Mild panic today

Helen Dempster
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, after school I have my own DS and 2 mindees to collect on a daily basis. The older one comes out 40 mins after my DS and mindee #1 and we have to wait in the car as it's too far to drive home and drive back again in the short space of time. Mindee #2 (10 yo) comes out of school any time between 3.35/3.45pm...today we were all waiting (I also had a full-timer mindee in the car today). At almost 4pm there was still no sign. It was really busy around school for some reason (he usually just crosses the road where the lolly lady is and meets me at the car). I thought maybe he'd come out, not seen me and gone to the office (he's done this before). So, I was sitting umming and ahhing about what to do, as I didn't want to leave in case he then came out (the office is right round the other side of where they come out). In the end, I decided I'd do that. I phoned mum twice, but just got voicemail, so left message and gave up. Got to the office - no-one there. Had a peep inside, no mindee. Rang the bell and receptionist came through, I told her my predicament and she said "(mindee's name) rings a bell for some reason" and off she went to check. I had 3 very noisy, restless kids with me by now (picture the scene!) Anyway, she came back and told me that mum had phoned the school that afternoon to let them know that mindee was going home with a school friend today!!!! Nice of her to let me know wasn't it? I got a text from her later saying "oh so sorry. I didn't find out til today totally forgot about you! so sorry :-( xxx" Made me feel so appreciated and loved! :laughing:

notts
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Thank god it was the way it was though and not something else!! how frustrating and worrying though!

Tippy Toes
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
oh that really is not fair on you. I would not have been happy, similar has happened to me in the past.

And waiting all that time too.

flowerpots
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Oh thats nice of her. I presume you will sill charge her? :(

miffy
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
That used to happen regularly with one of my parents, usually when it was raining and we all stood there like lemons getting soaked :rolleyes:

I always charged!

Miffy xx

SandCastles
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
That's happened to me before and I remember it well.
Firstly my heart raced and my mind went into overdrive and couldn't help but panick. I then calmed down and rang mum to find out he left school early and is safe and sound at home!
Funnily enough after the initial panick comes the anger and the feeling of being worthless.
Quite an emotional rollercoaster.
Glad your story had a happy ending, sending hugs