PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessments

stargazer1
11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi ladies! (and men!) Newly registered, starting on Monday with 5 mindees on my books. I'm having a nightmare re risk assessments tho. I have a general risk assessment form, but am confused about how much of a paper trail our inspectors will expect to see. For example, do I complete a fresh sheet of the same risk assessment every single day? And if we go off to soft play or something, am I to do a fresh written RA every time we go? Quite daunted by how much paper I am going to have to store!! :eek:

funemnx
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I do a written risk assessement of every place we go - for example - the whole house and garden, walk/drive to school and then each group/park we attend as well as shops and library and a general out in the car one. These are in a risk assessment folder which is reviewed every year. So all in all I have about 10-15 risk assessemnts but not done every day, just reviewed.

I hope it helps and I might be wrong!! :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
11-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I do the same.

One for each room in the house I use.

One for the garden.

One for the Car

A general one for going out

One for each school run

One for each toddler Group

One for each outing

Mine are reviewed once a year or if something changes in the mean while.

I used to have a daily check sheet which was laminated and ticked each morning so checking each area used by mindees. I got bored with this because I did all the checks in my sleep :laughing: What I have now is a list of what I visually check every morning and when we go in the garden. It is in my RA file and Ofsted were fine with this when I was inspected last Sept.

I also keep everything to do with keeping the children safe in my RA folder so:

Car Insurance and MOT
Household Insurance
Public Liability Insurance
Employer's Insurance (I have mt dh reg as my assistant)
Fire Check Cert (The Fire Brigade will do a home safety check for you free)
Fire Escape Practice Record
Emergency Escape Floor Plan
Information Commissioners Office Record
First Aid Certs for me, dh as my assistant and my teenagers have them too
CRBs
Safeguarding Training Certs
Health Protection Agency Advise for Schools and Childcare sets on Exclusions etc for different illnesses and diseases.

It seems logical to keep all the Keeping Safe stuff together.