PDA

View Full Version : Sent my forms off today......

Npg1
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
So I have finally taken the plunge and sent the health decloration form to the doctors and sent my forms to Ofsted.

What happns now? Do I sit and wait for them to ring me?

Also when should I join NCMA and what do I need to be doing in the meantime?

Thanks

sarah707
11-05-2012, 08:51 PM
You wait... and do your preparations.

Read the Eyfs, check out the pre-inspection booklet and reflect on the house, garden etc and whether it is ready for work.

You don't need to buy insurance until you are ready to work and then there are 2 choices - Morton Michel and an insurance company via NCMA membership.

I hope it goes smoothly for you! :D

JoRo163
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I submitted my forms today too :laughing:
I still have to take my form round to the Drs though, though they were very non-commital when I rang them to ask how much the Dr would charge!!

I'm doing all the little jobs around the house and garden that need doing. I have to organise all my resources which have been stored away (my DD is now 5, so all the stuff for babies and toddlers have been put away). I also need to put together my portfolio. I've done the essential policies but I really want to do more than that before Ofsted visit, and prepare my risk assessments. I still have LOADS to do! I have literally been working on this stuff all week, I'm exhausted!!!

Npg1
12-05-2012, 10:04 AM
ok thanks for your info. Best start getting going on my policies and risk assessments! I dont have any equipment as yet and a quite boring garden which is shingle and we have a dog so need to try and do something with that. I work nearly full time so could be tricky!

angelinthegarden
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I am a grandma to a 5 week old girl, my kids are grown up and I have no resources what so ever, have an old teddy and buying bits and bobs to benefit my grand daughter.
I told the pre reg inspector that I have funds in the bank ready and waiting to go out and buy things WHEN I get my first mindee as I do not know what age group they will be in and do not want to spend money on things I do not need.
She was very happy with this as it showed I will have the childs best interests at heart.

I had cupboard locks and my first aid kit in place when she arrived.

The house was spotless and all she asked was "where will you put your resources?" So I told her I would buy a book shelf or boxes etc to store them neatly with pictures of the contents, she said "great, thats all I need to hear".

Told her I would use the local toy library for large expensive garden things if required.

She was rather keen to see my risk assessments but was only interested in my contract and safeguarding policy.

Dont panic, she/he wont bite, they are there to help you and this is just a pre reg visit not a grading one.

Good luck

Angela

dawnyp
14-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Me too mine went today too! Scary stuff it means I need to get organised now. No idea how long it will take til I hear anything back?? Had the health book signed by doctors, they charged me £16 so I was happy was that I was kind of expecting £50 or something so was relieved when they said that. Done my application and CRB forms so think that's it. Done the paedriatric first aid and the food hygeine which I did on line from the recomended one on here and just booked safeguarding training afternoon with local council for June. Hoping to be registered for September not sure if I will be or not!
Good luck with yours and keep in touch, Dawn xx