PDA

View Full Version : Not enough hours in the day

JazzyL
03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place for a moan, but here goes. I am feeling really tired but have got sooo much to do, namely familiarising myself the EYFS which i know nothing about yet. I have got the pack but just don't seem to have the motivation to look at it properly. Is everyone using it now or introducing it slowly ready for September?
moan over - thanks for listening,

jumpinjen
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I am still registering but I was shocked when I read mine this week as I have been dutifully writing policies and procedure that tie in with the guidance to the national standards and then the booklet in the EYFS pack says that the info in that will replace the guidance for under 8's! B******S I thought.. what do I do now.. I can't face going through them all again, there's so much to do already to get ready for ofsted!

Jenni x:cool:

chez1373
03-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Ive been on the first course (opening the pack) and thats as far as ive got with it...

Its not as hard as you may seem i think its just change thats scary lol

I will open mine when i have a day off and at the min i work 7days a week 4 weeks to go before i get my weekends back..

just put the cd rom in and go slowly thats all i shall do

But im sure more people will give better advice than me good luck xx

Shirlwith3
04-06-2008, 05:53 AM
I know what you mean, I have had my pack since last year, have flicked through it, I have my 1st course tonight, thankfully I will be going with some fellow childminders.
Shirl

angeldelight
04-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Think we all feel like that sometimes

Hope you feel a bit better today

Angel xx

sarah707
04-06-2008, 07:05 AM
You can always have a moan on here ... we'll all join you!

The EYFS is fine if you work through it slowly - plenty of time between now and September :D

SimplyLucy
04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Our area aren't even running the couse until October (first part) then the second part in December! :rolleyes:

JazzyL
04-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks all - don't feel so 'alone', i am really busy at present, so think I will try and book some me time to do it (and chase hubby and kids out for a few hours). :)

caza
04-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I have just ordered my EYFS booklet so i will soon be in the same boat. Mind you also have to read through all my National standards too! :eek: I know what you mean about there not being enough hours in the day!

Chimps Childminding
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Have flicked through the book - but to be honest by the time I have finished work, got tea, washed up, done washing etc. my brain is too tired to take any of it in.

I am quite worried about it, I know everyone says its just a case of writing more things down and providing evidence, I just worry that what I write won't be good enough or I'm not linking it correctly!!!!!

Hope we get some proper training before September, although it doesn't look hopeful so far!! :panic:

JazzyL
04-06-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't know of any training will the children's information service have details? I should give them a call . . .

FizzysFriends
04-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I wont be given a pack until after im regiestered so im in the dark about it.