PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had an outstanding grade taken away?

littlecheeks
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
i had my first ofted inspection yesterday and was told i had an outstanding grade! well to say i was shocked was an understatement!

the inspector told me to wait for my report though before making it public. i just wondered if anyone on here had ever had it changed? im petrified they will take it back!!

BucksCM
11-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Well done!!:clapping::D

My friend got outstanding and was told not to say anything because although the inspector had graded everything, they take it back and it's checked over by their manager...just to make sure that it's all correct.

sarah707
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh my that is great well done you! very few childminders receive more than satisfactory (sometimes with the odd good) at first inspection.

Yes sometimes the grade is changed - the inspector has to justify it to their line manager.

I wouldn't say too much for now until you have the report in your hand - then shout from the roof tops! :clapping:

hullabaloo
11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah well done you :clapping::clapping:
When i got my first outstanding the inspector phoned her boss first to "just check a few things", cant tell you how nervous was !!!!!! Thankfully all was good and i got the grade- fab feeling !!!!!!!

Von xx

littlecheeks
11-05-2012, 03:38 PM
thanks guys, would be gutted if they changed it! oh well will try to relax for the next week!

scoobydoo1
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Well don you :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping:

Ripeberry
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Well done :clapping::thumbsup: I know what you mean about worrying. I was a bit shocked when I had mine and I still got the inspector to change a couple of things on the report :rolleyes:
But I felt that I had worked hard for it and even gave her a hug! :D

nipper
11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Fantastic achievement, really well done!

flowerpots
11-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Thats fantastic, wel done :clapping::clapping::clapping:

mrs_scottydog
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Well done! That's great news :clapping: Hx

Heaven Scent
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
That's fantastic - but why was it your first inspection since you registered in 2009 - did you not have one before when you were registered for 6 mths?

notts
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
wowsers!!! well done you :clapping::clapping::clapping: first inspection? that's amazing :clapping:

Smiley
11-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Well done you must be delighted. Try not to worry you will be able to see when you get the draft report. I also asked for some wording to be changed, we have 24 hours to let them know if the report is factual etc

littlecheeks
11-05-2012, 06:59 PM
when i registered in 2009 i only worked for a few months then fell pregnant and had my son, so i only started again end of last year. x

Heaven Scent
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
when i registered in 2009 i only worked for a few months then fell pregnant and had my son, so i only started again end of last year. x

Well then super well done you !!!

miffy
12-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Well done, that's fantastic :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Miffy xx

Shar
13-05-2012, 06:44 AM
A friend of mine was told by the inspector that she would grade her outstanding, but when the report came she got good. Sometimes the managers over-rule the inspector's judgement.:rolleyes:
Well done and good luck.

christine e
13-05-2012, 08:37 AM
A friend of mine was told by the inspector that she would grade her outstanding, but when the report came she got good. Sometimes the managers over-rule the inspector's judgement.:rolleyes:
Well done and good luck.

So it does happen but not very often!

Heaven Scent
13-05-2012, 08:39 AM
When I was graded Outstanding my inspector told me that if Ofsted were going to dispute the grade they would get in touch with me beforehand I did worry though until I had the certificate in my hand.

It is unlikely and I know its no use me telling you not to worry because I did no matter what others said to me LOL!!

miffy
13-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Well done and good luck.

That must have been very hard for your friend. :(

Miffy xx