PDA

View Full Version : 2 contracts?

melco
11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi,

I have received a call from a lady who I saw last week who wants me to mind her child! Woo hoo!!

The query I have is that I will be having him Thursday and Friday to drop off and pick up from Nursery and then from September to take to school in the mornings. For this do I need the parent to sign one contract until they break up for summer holidays and then another contract to start from September?

Thanks

melco

Bridey
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes, one contract for now and then I would do a new contract to sign before the summer holidays with the new hours and put the start date down as September :)

mama2three
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I wouldnt rewrite the whole contract. Id write an hours amendment sheet signed by yourself and parent and staple it to the original.

Bridey
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt rewrite the whole contract. Id write an hours amendment sheet signed by yourself and parent and staple it to the original.

I'm not being pedantic and am genuinely interested for future reference ... would this stand up in a contract or fees dispute?

mum2two
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
That's what I've always done in the past if parents have changed hours - a new sheet, signed by all, copied to the parents, and stuck with the contract.

I have also got the parents to sign the contract (by where it says days/hours) stating hours have changed too.

xx

Bridey
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
:thumbsup:

stargazer1
11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I used to work in law and as long as the agreement is in writing and signed by all parties, its doesnt matter if its written on a napkin, its still a legally binding document x

rickysmiths
11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I would do the hours for now and write on the contract the proposed hours expected from the start at xxx school in Sept. An ammend sheet will be signed by all parties when days and hours for the new school are confirmed and it will be attached to this contact.

Then you are covered but you don't have to write a new contract.:thumbsup:

melco
12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks for your help but now I am worried about something else.

I have 2 boys on a Monday just for 4 hours, when the parent signed up with me she understood that because 4 hours a week was not enough for me to live on we would do 4 weeks at a time, so basically at the moment we are signing a new contract every 4 weeks, its basically like she is giving notice just in case I find someone else. Can I add a sheet to the current contract for us both to sign every 4 weeks?

miffy
13-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Thanks for your help but now I am worried about something else.

I have 2 boys on a Monday just for 4 hours, when the parent signed up with me she understood that because 4 hours a week was not enough for me to live on we would do 4 weeks at a time, so basically at the moment we are signing a new contract every 4 weeks, its basically like she is giving notice just in case I find someone else. Can I add a sheet to the current contract for us both to sign every 4 weeks?

I don't understand why you are doing a new contract every four weeks, if that is your notice period then if you or mum want to terminate the contract either of you can write a letter stating that and the four weeks notice runs from that date. I don't think you need a new contract each time.

Miffy xx

melco
13-05-2012, 02:10 PM
The reason we were doing it that way was so we didn't have to give the 4 weeks notice, if I had someone that wanted to have their hours then I could say yes and then we would just finish to the end of that contract even if it was just 1 week. Don't think it makes real sense, so was wondering if I could add something to the current contract that says we will review every 4 weeks if we are both happy to carry on that I get signed and then I can attach it to the back of the contract. Does that make sense?